Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Orientation week events

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Wonderstruck

I'm going for my free blue, navy and yellow scarf! There is a free scarf right?!?!

I dunno myself... I've seen Foil, Arms and Hog before and they were quite funny. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Wherever and whatever is free, I'm there! Yes there are free scarves given out at the preseidents welcome, but tbh they all look a bit manky.

Yeah, hoping to go to one or two dramasoc events, noticed the play was on, what's it about?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,661 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Where do I need to be for this free scarf and when?!

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

AdamD wrote: »
    Where do I need to be for this free scarf and when?!
    The presidents welcome in O'Reilly hall. It's twice a day through all of orientation week. I think one of the times it's on it 2:30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

I'm going for my free blue, navy and yellow scarf! There is a free scarf right?!?!

I don't think they're going to be free this year, they were in previous years. I heard word from someone working in UCD that you'll have to pay €20 at the door of the O'Reilly Hall before the President's Welcome to get a scarf this year. I can't confirm this but I wouldn't be surprised the way UCD is going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

I don't think they're going to be free this year, they were in previous years. I heard word from someone working in UCD that you'll have to pay €20 at the door of the O'Reilly Hall before the President's Welcome to get a scarf this year. I can't confirm this but I wouldn't be surprised the way UCD is going.

Are you serious? the scarf is worth about 3 quid, its a penneys scarf with colours on it, doesn't even have a crest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Does anyone actually wear those scarves after the first week? I honestly can't remember ever seeing one after freshers week for last 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭jan shyr

Does anyone actually wear those scarves after the first week? I honestly can't remember ever seeing one after freshers week for last 2 years.
    I have seen plenty of people wear it. Even people in third and forth years. I used to wear it sometimes, not because it was UCD scarf but because it was the only scarf I had at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Tupamaros

Question about orientation for Postgrads.

Right now I have not received a timetable for any of my modules really, it doesn't appear even though I've registered for the modules.

Orientation is set for the 12th...is this when timetables will be discussed and I won't need to worry about missing anything on Monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Tupamaros wrote: »
    Question about orientation for Postgrads.

Right now I have not received a timetable for any of my modules really, it doesn't appear even though I've registered for the modules.

Orientation is set for the 12th...is this when timetables will be discussed and I won't need to worry about missing anything on Monday?

it's in the SIS menu, click on information for students (middle tab) and then weekly lecture timetable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Only ponses who like to show off wear them after Freshers' week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I figure if it gets cold enough again this winter ill gladly wear mine, free scarf in negative numbers is more than welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭III

The enthusiasm of first years... heed my advice: only go to the ones where you get free goodie bags and stuff, everything else is a colossal waste of time. You shouldn't even go in the first place if you have anything better - or just anything - to do. Wish I had someone to tell me that before I pissed a week away lolo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Go to the comedy soc things! Should be good craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Tupamaros

it's in the SIS menu, click on information for students (middle tab) and then weekly lecture timetable.
    Thanks for that. Looked there and so far only one module in 2nd semester is in. Nothing else lol Load of ones 'TBA'. So I guess they aren't confirmed yet.

Advertisement