Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs in and around UL

Options
  • 05-09-2011 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭

I'm sure like me there are loads of UL students on the job hunt, so I thought it'd be a good idea to have a thread to post any potential job opportunities in and around UL/Castletroy.

So if you're not too stingy that you see a job advertised around Castletroy and Limerick and want as little competition as possible, share it in here!

As well as that, for those who have been successful on the job hunt in the area - any advice for us unemployed? When's a good time to pick up a job?

I was thinking of doing a walk around a dropping in to places to see if there's any work available. Maybe print off a load of my bare and unimpressive CVs and hit and run as many places as possible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭njd2010

That's weird, I just got back in from a day of handing out CVs around castleroy and was going to start a thread like this. Didn't get any optimistic responses sadly, mostly just the "we aren't hiring, you can hand in your CV but we won't be hiring for a few months"... Quite depressing. So yes if anyone knows of anywhere that might possibly be hiring, don't hold out on us! I'm a Law student, if I don't have a job I'm going to be bored out of my mind for the next few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭JimmyChew

Best bet would be in the city. Even at that I'd say anything half decant is well gone by now. Smyths/Icon are always looking for people, try the pound shops, and god forbid mickey-d's and supermac's they have a high turn over of staff probably a reason for that though..

Advertisement