Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I'm a beginner to mountain biking ... looking for some advice

• 05-09-2011 1:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭

Howdy!

I've been thinking of taking up mountain biking for a while, and at last I have the time and resources to give it a serious go. I'm getting my bike (the Lapierre Raid 500) in the next few weeks, and was wondering how/where I should start. I'm in Kildare and work in Dublin, and dont mind traveling to any trails.

So, can anyone recommend the best trails (is there a map or book or list???)? Anything good around Kildare/Carlow/Dublin/Wicklow? Should I join a club? Or should I just get out there and do it?

Any advice for a total n00b much appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭bikedude

ToadVine wrote: »
    Howdy!

I've been thinking of taking up mountain biking for a while, and at last I have the time and resources to give it a serious go. I'm getting my bike (the Lapierre Raid 500) in the next few weeks, and was wondering how/where I should start. I'm in Kildare and work in Dublin, and dont mind traveling to any trails.

So, can anyone recommend the best trails (is there a map or book or list???)? Anything good around Kildare/Carlow/Dublin/Wicklow? Should I join a club? Or should I just get out there and do it?

Any advice for a total n00b much appreciated :)

There are lots of trails around Dublin. And two collite official trails in Ticknock and Balinastoe. To find other trails better to join a club.

WWW.epicmtb.com
    WWW.madmtb.com

They are based in Dublin.

WWW.biking.ie
    Have skills courses as well if want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

MAD should be running a mtb introductory series of spins this month which would be a good place to start. Details on http://www.madmtb.com soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Nisio

www.unlaoisedmtb.com are a club in north laois

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭ToadVine

Nisio wrote: »
    www.unlaoisedmtb.com are a club in north laois

Any clubs in Kildare or Carlow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Nisio

I haven't come across a mountain bike club in Kildare there are a good few road bike clubs that might also mountain bike maybe.

• Advertisement
Advertisement