Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Star Wars:TOR - Republic or Empire

• 05-09-2011 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

From what I can tell there hasn't been one of these yet.

So what will it be? The Galactic Republic or the Sith Empire?

Personally it would have to be the Empire for me. The prospect of having a bad-ass, double-lightsaber wielding, lightning-spewing Sith is too much to resist. I also believe that every 12 year in the game will want to be a Jedi.

Unfortunately it's looking like more and more people think the same, and I have a sinking feeling that there's going to be a heck of a lot more people with the Empire than the Republic as a result.

Only time will tell I guess, but for now, vote!

Who will you give your allegiance to? 38 votes

The Galactic Republic
    0% 0 votes
    The Sith Empire
    36% 14 votes
    Haven't decided yet
    63% 24 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Republic Trooper or Smuggler for me. I'll do a Sith playthrough, but i always pick the 'good' guys in these kind of games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Leader of a multifaction guild so both, but I'll probably lean more towards Republic than Empire. More accurately I suppose I could say I'll be playing all Light-Side characters regardless of allegiance.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

Sith FTW! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Empire here, love me some Bounty Hunting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

I usually go the "good guys" in mmo's so it will be a nice change going sith for this. Also want to play BH merc :)

Will probably play republic character aswell for the story

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭MalvinMcPot

nerf herder or Bass play in max reebo band.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I also believe that every 12 year in the game will want to be a Jedi.

I believe the exact opposite, and from reading other forums that seems to be the case.

Will probably start with Jedi and then have a look at other options. I've early access to mess around with classes before deciding :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

TheDoc wrote: »
    I believe the exact opposite, and from reading other forums that seems to be the case.

Even look at the poll here. 12-3 in favour of Empire. I'll be delighted if i'm on the underdog side. As it should be :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

TheDoc wrote: »

Definitely, I'm expecting Empire (like Destruction before it) and specifically the Sith classes to have the biggest proportion of players.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'm looking to be a sabre swinging Jedi, so Republic for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

Both Actually, Im playing 4 classes 2 on each side but my main is going to be republic sumggler ... I just love being the underdog :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

having watched all the class videos I think at the moment im leaning towards the republic, only because I can see the whole world wanting to be Sith, Republic Trooper looks fun in the videos, I dont think the cover mechanics of the Smuggler would appeal to me, but its hard to not want to be a Jedi of some sort... Its gettings closer and closer and im none closer to deciding...

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Elrollo

Sith sorcerer/assassin or Imperial Sniper for me I believe!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Methionine

I'll be playing both at some stage, will probably go with Republic initially, still struggling to decide which class though, leaning towards Republic Trooper or Jedi Shadow, probably. Maybe. Depends on which video I have seen lately. :)

Advertisement