Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black eyed kids

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Re: the Irish one; she was right to be nervous, I would be if confronted by 3 unknown teenagers at night. The 'can we use your phone' ploy is a classic to try catch you unawares, and break your concentration so you can be mugged. The 'feeling of compulsion' is probably nothing more than a human's innate desire to help another person, part of your brain wants to believe that these boys really are just lost/out late/need to phone their mum; it's a reasonable request so you want to give in to it.

As for the black eyes; it was 11pm, anyone's eyes are going to be well shadowed at that time of night. My brother has eyes of such a dark brown that his pupil and iris are indistinguisable, but he sure as hell isn't an alien. You can also buy contact lenses online which will completely cover the iris and sclera, so black eyes are unusal, but not paranormal.

So; a group of muggers had some novelty contact lenses in and creeped out a woman who was returning home late at night, possibly after a few drinks.

The first story has so little detail it's remarkable. How old were these 'children'? Where did it happen? What time was it? Had the author been drinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

the whole black eyed kids thing has never seemed to have gone further than stories. the first two words of the first link in the op are 'urban legends' - thats all I think they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Isard

kylith wrote: »

The first story has so little detail it's remarkable. How old were these 'children'? Where did it happen? What time was it? Had the author been drinking?
    I'm a skeptic, too, but here's another story with more details.
    http://paranormal.about.com/library/blstory_november04_30.htm

that story is basically a woman who was afriad of a 17/18 year old who rode a bicycle (as if that mattered) and she shut the door in his face. she only mentioned anything about black eyed kids when she mentioned her daughter talking of them. she never once said the kid at the door had black eyes.
    The black-eyed kids are some young kids that try and get people to invite them into their cars or homes,etc. – and the people end up dead.

there has never been any such incident has there? when has anyone ended up dead - death by black eyed kid?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Isard

maccored wrote: »
    she never once said the kid at the door had black eyes.
    How's that?
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Now, some people may think that I was just over-reacting or something, but the eyes were completely black – like there was no real pupil. [/FONT]
    maccored wrote: »
    there has never been any such incident has there? when has anyone ended up dead - death by black eyed kid?
    Dunno:)

• Advertisement

i missed that bit .. not that it make any difference tbh.

http://eliselyons.suite101.com/black-eyed-children-fact-or-fiction-a277119
    A more realistic view is that BEKs are nothing more than children and young adults playing pranks on people. Black sclera contacts are available for sale, but a prescription is required as the contacts are designed to fit each individual’s eye respectively. Or perhaps the entirely black eyes are nothing more than dilated pupils and an overactive, fearful imagination.

total make believe stuff.

The black-eyed kids are some young kids that try and get people to invite them into their cars or homes,etc. – and the people end up dead.
    How do people know this? Do the deceased call their friends and say "Yeah, I gave a lift to this kid with weird black eyes. Oh, no! He's murdering me!"

It just sounds too much like the fable that if you die in a dream you die in real life; how could anyone know what someone else was dreaming when they died? And how can someone say that people who give lifts to black eyed kids end up dead without either witnessing the event or black eyed kids being convicted of murder?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

How do people know this? Do the deceased call their friends and say "Yeah, I gave a lift to this kid with weird black eyes. Oh, no! He's murdering me!"

I really want those to be my last words.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Darlughda

20years ago was daily babysitter/aupair for a number of kids. It was hell.

One of them had black eyes, and was a difficult baby and even more demanding toddler.

Has now grown up to be a professional in his field, gentle and good natured fella, still has them black eyes though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

I would have to agree that we are not hearing the other side of the story.

Looking around a bunch of paranormal sites, all the accounts detail experiences where somebody manages to muster up the courage to get in their doorway, drive away or run off.

What about the stories where someone gives in and lets the teenager with the black eyes in to use the phone? I'd like to hear from them!

Creepy as all hell all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

Rasmus wrote: »
    What about the stories where someone gives in and lets the teenager with the black eyes in to use the phone? I'd like to hear from them!

I think you're forgetting this bit...
    "Yeah, I gave a lift to this kid with weird black eyes. Oh, no! He's murdering me!"

Not a lot you can say after that little scenario plays out...

Urizen wrote: »
    I think you're forgetting this bit...

Not a lot you can say after that little scenario plays out...
    True, it's hard to say anything when you've been murdered to bits. If only mediums were real, we could get much better information about these black eyed kids.

Advertisement