Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aftershave

• 05-09-2011 3:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭

I'm sure this has been asked a million times but the threads that appeared when I search were years old.

Lookin for a new aftershave, last one I has was Armani Attitude which I liked but it was damned expensive. Is there a any cheapish 20-30 a bottle aftershaves out there ?

Long lasting, nothing too heavy, tends to give me a headache when its too heavy. Not too sweet either.

Anyone any ideas ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Skunkle wrote: »
    I'm sure this has been asked a million times but the threads that appeared when I search were years old.

Lookin for a new aftershave, last one I has was Armani Attitude which I liked but it was damned expensive. Is there a any cheapish 20-30 a bottle aftershaves out there ?

Long lasting, nothing too heavy, tends to give me a headache when its too heavy. Not too sweet either.

Anyone any ideas ?

I don't know anything about mens aftershaves, but I can't imagine a cheapish bottle of scent will be long lasting... I find unless it's a perfume (as opposed to an EDT) most smells need re-applying throughout the day.

You might be better off layering- use a showergel, bodyspray and aftershave all from the same scent. That helps a scent stick around longer.

I always think Hackett stuff smells nice on guys, and most of my friends are in agreement that the Hugo Boss smells are good. My brother and Dad both wear Lacoste and they smell lovely.

Edit- also, try Molton Brown. Everything in there is amazing. Not necessarily cheap (but you can get really great half price deals in the outlet shop in Kildare Village).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

Good advice on the layering, I'd tend to use any shower gel and deodorant and just slap on any old aftershave on top of it. I probably smell like a pic n mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

+1 on the layering, I wear Euphoria EDP and the body lotion together stays with me all day that way and is nice and subtle.

As for aftershaves.. wouldnt be that well up on them unfortunately but Davidoff Cool Water is a classic and still smells great to this day, not sure how much it is though. Hugo Boss Dark Blue is very nice too. Dunhill is nice too but quite hard to get I think.

Denisejcc wrote: »
    +1 on the layering, I wear Euphoria EDP and the body lotion together stays with me all day that way and is nice and subtle.

As for aftershaves.. wouldnt be that well up on them unfortunately but Davidoff Cool Water is a classic and still smells great to this day, not sure how much it is though. Hugo Boss Dark Blue is very nice too. Dunhill is nice too but quite hard to get I think.

I seen a few bottles of that Davidoff Cool Water on sale online but wasnt sure about what it was like. Might chance it and get a bottle but is there other products in the same line to do this layering business ?

I seen a few bottles of that Davidoff Cool Water on sale online but wasnt sure about what it was like. Might chance it and get a bottle but is there other products in the same line to do this layering business ?

They do a hair and body shampoo.. have a look here for ideas! I just love it, the man becomes instantly more attractive if he is wearing this :D:D;):o

http://www.zinodavidoff.com/fragrances/#/cool-water/range/

• Advertisement

They do a hair and body shampoo.. have a look here for ideas! I just love it, the man becomes instantly more attractive if he is wearing this :D:D;):o

http://www.zinodavidoff.com/fragrances/#/cool-water/range/

Thats the stuff I'm after! :pac:

Thats the stuff I'm after! :pac:

Ha ha ha ha.. thats my opinion of it anyway so dont blame me if youre not like the guys in the Lynx ads ;);)

Ha ha ha ha.. thats my opinion of it anyway so dont blame me if youre not like the guys in the Lynx ads ;);)

Nah I wont blame ya, I might have to file criminal proceedings though if it turns out to be battery acid but I'm sure it will be all fine.

Just a matter of finding a nice little gift set somewhere to test this stuff out.

Nah I wont blame ya, I might have to file criminal proceedings though if it turns out to be battery acid but I'm sure it will be all fine.

Just a matter of finding a nice little gift set somewhere to test this stuff out.

Its in most chemists/department stores... get yourself to a Boots for a splash :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Lcronin2011

Davidoff cool water, joop classic, hugo boss black..all unreal!!

• Advertisement

I'll try get into boots and test a few things out. With a bit of luck I'll happen on a bargain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

The others have got there before me, I was going to suggest Cool Water aswell. I've worn it for years, it's not too expensive and it smells really nice. I regularily get comments about smelling nice. I use the deodorant aswell from time to time too.

Was in town today and had a sniff of the Cool Water and a couple different Joop ones. All kinda smelled the same to me and the only one that stood out was Joop Jump so I got that.

Realised on the way home the reason it stood out was because its extremely similar to Lynx Chocolate. I like it well enough I think but it doesnt have the same uniqueness of others I have used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

I quite like "Grrrr, I'm a man" a.k.a strong smelling aftershave..

My favourites are

212 Sexy Men
    Tommy Hilfiger Loud
    YSL L'Homme (About twice what you want to pay but SO worth it)

Advertisement