Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The great big "ask an airline pilot" thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Would you happen to know the show?

His name is Terry Lawton and he's a few chemicals short of chemtrail. A complete and utter nutter who seems to have all the time in the world to swan off to annoy people in the UK Met Office and other 'suspect' locations.

This is the clip. He's a hoot alright.

https://youtu.be/6Leq3AoiPk8

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭pepe the prawn

His name is Terry Lawton and he's a few chemicals short of chemtrail. A complete and utter nutter who seems to have all the time in the world to swan off to annoy people in the UK Met Office and other 'suspect' locations.

What Is he purporting the chemtrails lark is about?

What Is he purporting the chemtrails lark is about?

Not sure, he changes his ideas weekly. From geoengineering to mass genocide to Illuminati to whatever yer having yourself.

I wonder what makes these people tick...or thick.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

What happens to the flight recording of flights? Only ever hear of them being used when crash happens.

Do they get kept or wiped?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Not sure, he changes his ideas weekly. From geoengineering to mass genocide to Illuminati to whatever yer having yourself.

I wonder what makes these people tick...or thick.

The chemtrails:pac:

• Advertisement

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    What happens to the flight recording of flights? Only ever hear of them being used when crash happens.

I think it records two hours on a continuous loop.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,173 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

He lost me at "Airplanes are creating clouds, blocking out the sun".

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

They'll record over each other.or you can erase CVR data by pressing a button on ground with a number of conditions

The Flight Data Recorder records about 25 hours and the Newer Cockpit Voice Recorders have 4 x 30 min channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Negative_G

So a super computer in the UK met office constantly monitors every piece of atmosphere around the globe and sends a signal to planes via satellite to remotely activate the spraying of chemicals out of airliners in order to control the weather.

Sounds completely plausible alright.

What a complete nut case.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

So are you saying that you have never seen an aircraft spraying chemicals into the atmosphere to control the weather?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Negative_G

smurfjed wrote: »
    So are you saying that you have never seen an aircraft spraying chemicals into the atmosphere to control the weather?

Check out his Facebook page, Terry Lawton is the guys name. Gas stuff altogether.

I hope he used a ferry to get to his conferences, the thought of flying on a chemical spewing 737 might just send him over the edge!

Chemtrails, 9/11, fluoride and lizard people.

While the idea of commercial airliners spraying the skies is absolutely absurd, the concept of cloud seeding from smaller aircraft is frequently done.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

Imagine if he saw Lufthansa's test A340,the one that did the ash cloud surveys 😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Cessna_Pilot

Negative_G wrote: »
    Check out his Facebook page, Terry Lawton is the guys name. Gas stuff altogether.

I hope he used a ferry to get to his conferences, the thought of flying on a chemical spewing 737 might just send him over the edge!

Chemtrails, 9/11, fluoride and lizard people.

Just had a sneaky look at his page there. My God some people need to get a life! Lunatic! Unfortunately a lot of people share this man's delusions! Shame they can't contribute anything useful to mankind. :o:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Shame they can't contribute anything useful to mankind. :o:pac:
    In all fairness, individuals such as Mr Lawton do perform a useful public service, they give the likes of us a good laugh! :D

Only in the form of cloud-seeding, which is done on a local scale through silver iodide particles from flares on the wings of light aircraft. A long way off what idiots like Terry Lawtontohimself et al. claim.

I set up this Facebook page to scientifically debunk each of their claims. Already have another such tulip shedding a few petals on it.

https://www.facebook.com/ridiculouschemtrailnonsense/?fref=nf

• Registered Users Posts: 68,792 ✭✭✭✭L1011

If you "keep seeing chemtrail nuts" doing anything you do really need to reconsider where you drink/read online/what facebook friends you keep etc. They don't take being corrected well, at all - they're usually fully committed to their insanity. A quick trip to prison usually sorts them once they 'discover' "Freeman of the land" nonsense, though.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

OK Folks, it's time to move on from Chemtrails and the associated stupidity related to it, some of which has been outlined here.

While there have been a couple of useful posts, the rest are realistically more appropriate to the conspiracy forum. That will in all probability change unless we do something about it. So, the SOMETHING is simple.

No more posts in this thread on Chemtrails
    , or related issues.

The Airlines, and commercial aircraft are NOT involved, so move on, or take the appropriate response from the team here.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 18,173 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Thank God!:D:D:D

Was getting sick of them!

OK Folks, it's time to move on from Chemtrails and the associated stupidity related to it, some of which has been outlined here.

While there have been a couple of useful posts, the rest are realistically more appropriate to the conspiracy forum. That will in all probability change unless we do something about it. So, the SOMETHING is simple.

, or related issues.

The Airlines, and commercial aircraft are NOT involved, so move on, or take the appropriate response from the team here.

And so, the cover up continues :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

, or related issues.
    Does that mean we can start a new thread? :D

Annual training time, yesterday was relatively boring, but today I get to evacuate from a burning (simulated) airliner into a swimming pool and get rescued by a dozen or so flight attendants. Unfortunately no bikinis allowed :) And NO PICTURES,

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭sysprogrammer

Hi Smurf, FR336, XWB,

When was the last time you flew a propeller airplane ?

and as a follow on ,Do you fly anything else for fun ?

finally for a bit of fun , would you fly this ? or what would advice would you give the designer ??

http://volocopter.com/

thanks in advance,
    Sys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭martinsvi

Hi Smurf, FR336, XWB,

When was the last time you flew a propeller airplane ?

this is a good question, but would you not consider asking this to all airline pilots rather than few selected individuals of whom at least one isn't even a pilot? :rolleyes:

For me, 2008 in Scottsdale Arizona in a Cessna 182T. Unfortunately I have to get written managerial permission before I'm allowed fly any private aircraft.

As for the Volocopter, probably not for the reason above.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,949 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Unfortunately I have to get written managerial permission before I'm allowed fly any private aircraft.

Is this standard for all pilots? What's the logic? In case you crash or something? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭pepe the prawn

For me, 2009 in Scottsdale Arizona in a Cessna 210. Unfortunately I have to get written managerial permission before I'm allowed fly any private aircraft.

As for the Volocopter, probably not for the reason above.

Opinions on the 210?

26489708014_b9fe92ab24_c.jpg26491348403_abb0d60a84_c.jpg

PTP, considering that i couldn't remember the difference between a 210 and 182T, I would guess that i wasn't amazed :)

Is this standard for all pilots?
    I have no clue for other airlines, but for us its to monitor duty and rest periods. However, as i live in a country that has zero private single engine aircraft so it's not much of a hinderance.

They stopped me from flying flex wing ultralights/microlights as they considered them too dangerous, same went for paragliding :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭martinsvi

PTP, considering that i couldn't remember the difference between a 210 and 182T, I would guess that i wasn't amazed :)

that's a 182 in your pic, 210 has retractable gear and is a 6 seater :pac:

Advertisement