Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've never taken a picture in my life before this Summer in Vietnam,

Options
  • 05-09-2011 3:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

... so I'm not claiming to be a professional, but I think I got some pretty nice ones?

14wrhhy.jpg

142t21k.jpg

2q1anw4.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Squashie

2eewkcj.jpg

2ccxs1l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭bren2002

Squashie wrote: »
    2eewkcj.jpg

I like this one, but I'd have waited for the person bottom left to step out of frame

I'd have been waiting an awful long time, he's the shopkeeper and is sat down.

243m7he.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

Funnily enough I just got my first ever DSLR last week & am off to Vietnam & Cambodia in 4 weeks.....hoping to take some great shots with my new toy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭the_tractor

Pulse8 wrote: »
    Funnily enough I just got my first ever DSLR last week & am off to Vietnam & Cambodia in 4 weeks.....hoping to take some great shots with my new toy :)

Be sure to go out a shot around home a lot before you go, so you know all the knobs etc on the camera before you go, get a spare battery, bring loads of memory cards, a laptop for backing up if you can, and delete nothing till you get home.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭hot to trot

Well done squashie. super start. Cant wait to see more as you progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

Be sure to go out a shot around home a lot before you go, so you know all the knobs etc on the camera before you go, get a spare battery, bring loads of memory cards, a laptop for backing up if you can, and delete nothing till you get home.:)

Thanks for the checklist :)

Am already getting to grips with my 550D out & about & in my Mams garden lol...bought a Sigma 10mm Fisheye the other day too so waiting on that to arrive at the mo

Bringing my iPad + camera kit for backing stuff up, really looking forward to it...especially when we hit Cambodia & Angkor Wat etc

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

yeah lovely photos there alright! composition is pleasing in pretty much all of them! Exotic locations have serious impact to though. I dare say the majority of our own surroundings over here are a little uninspired.

muxthg.jpg

258b9zn.jpg

• Advertisement

f9eel4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Lao Lao

2eewkcj.jpg

Was this taken in Hoi An by any chance?

Yep, you're absolutely right. Hoi An fast became one of my favourite places ever by far. Photos could never do it and it's atmosphere justice though.

.. and Hoi An beach.....

xx0xu.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭shemwhistler

You should submit that one to the Assignment no.66 - Silhouettes thread

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I love the buddha photo, very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Lao Lao

Yep, you're absolutely right. Hoi An fast became one of my favourite places ever by far. Photos could never do it and it's atmosphere justice though.

.. and Hoi An beach.....

By far my favourite place in South East Asia, it's just such a beautiful place, how I wish I was back there now!

Unfortunately though I doubt Hoi An will always be the magical place it is now. Up and down the country you can see that the Vietnamese government and investors are preparing for a huge influx of tourism in the coming years, with all the resorts popping up all over the place. There's no way a small town like Hoi An, one of Vietnams main attractions, would be able for such a huge amount of people. Already it's beginning to feel overrun.

Hué, Bridge across the Perfume River to the Citadel

2qsscpd.jpg

Advertisement