Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planting daffodil bulbs

Options
  • 05-09-2011 8:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

Hi there.

My back yard has only about 3 inches of soil and then it is hardcore. Would this be deep enough to plant daffodil bulbs?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I doubt it - the tip of a daffodil bulb should be at a depth of twice its own height. There's info on planting them HERE

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭ruffmut

I doubt it - the tip of a daffodil bulb should be at a depth of twice its own height. There's info on planting them HERE

Thanks for that link Dizzyblonde

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

ruffmut wrote: »
    Hi there.

My back yard has only about 3 inches of soil and then it is hardcore. Would this be deep enough to plant daffodil bulbs?

Thanks.

You could build or buy a raised bed. Even just some log roll and chuck a load of soil into it.
    Or you could buy pots/planters. That's the way I do it. I have Spring pots and summer pots. Once the daffs have stopped flowing I just move the pots behind the shed until next year and then just give them a feed nearer spring time

Advertisement