Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cattle prices

• 05-09-2011 9:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭

One of the drawbacks of fulltime working and farming is not getting to the mart to keep an eye on prices...
    We have a few bulls we're thinking of bringing out within the next few weeks...

Here's a SalerX, 6 months old, I suppose about 180Kg, have a dozen of them. Not sure to bring them out or run them on to the spring..
    [IMG][/img]8EAA85DA-orig.jpg

Here's some HEX bulls about 13 months, about 350-380kg
    [IMG][/img]A8CCE661-orig.jpg

Any comments on value would be appreciated...
    All bucket reared calves

Not sure about moving on the SAX bulls as they're a little smaller and I have plenty of silage to feed..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

i would move them now, dont know what price will be like in the spring and they will have cost you more in feed etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Indeed and what they don't eat @ €10 a bale I can sell at €18-20 ex the yard..
    Just not sure what the market for the smaller blacks is like??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Grecco

You`d get well paid for the whiteheads now, but as for the black one he`s a bit plain you might be better off hanging on till spring whens theres a demand for store cattle for grass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Grecco wrote: »
    but as for the black one he`s a bit plain
    :eek::eek::eek:

Don't we all hate to hear a dealer say that!!

But seriously I know what your saying... will see in a few weeks.. the whiteheads are going this/next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

i will put the white heads down for 760 euros any other offers:rolleyes:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭mallethead

i sold some black white head bullocks about 10 days ago 400 kg and i got 795 they were about 15 months

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭Good loser

Keep the Salers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

Good loser wrote: »
    Keep the Salers.
    Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭Good loser

Bizzum wrote: »
    Why?

See post 4 above.

From picture looks to be in the Danish Red/Jersey direction.

With more condition next May/June he/they could look a lot better. You have silage.

Advertisement