Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S sync icon won’t go away

Options
  • 05-09-2011 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

Even though I haven’t installed any new apps or made any changes I can think of, the sync icon appeared on the top right of my screen last week and just won’t go away. Even when I turn off all the syncing apps under settings the icon still remains. I can barely get 10 hours of battery since this started.

I am considering returning it to the shop as the phone is only 8 months old, but not sure they’d entertain this kind of thing. Any advice on how to sort this out would be great!!

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Which/how many accounts do you have syncing?

If you go into Settings-> Accounts and sync each account with a green sync icon, one of them could have a problem connecting maybe, you could try disable them one by one and see if any of them have a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭green_dub_girl

Cheers BN, I have whatapp, gmail and my outlook account syncing. But dont think any of them are the problem. I updated to android 2.3 this morning and that seems to have sorted whatever the problem was (for now anyway), very strange altogether though....

Advertisement