Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grown up Debs

Options
  • 05-09-2011 10:14am
    Moderators Posts: 51,805 ✭✭✭✭

Mods, feel free to lock/delete/beat with sticks if you ain't happy with this thread.

Any Nocts going to the Grown Up Debs on Sat. 8th Oct in the Gresham?

I thought some went last year so thought some might be going this year.

If we get enough going we could have a Noct table at it :)

http://www.grownupdebsball.com/

If you can read this, you're too close!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

I am definitely going.

Now all I need is a fancy crushed velvet suit!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭spoonbadger

I am as of yet a maybe, but a hopeful maybe :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Im a definite maybe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

I would LOVE to go, but unfortunately don't think it'll be possible ... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

I'm mostly likely a yay.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Not my kinda thing :/

Solitaire wrote: »
    Not my kinda thing :/

Getting drunk in snazzy clothes??

Doing anything in snazzy clothes :p Even getting drunk is ruined by snazzy clothes!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

I do love wearing snazzy clothes. And I'm not against getting drunk either. Hmmm...the money situation will be reassessed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Am very much debating this one!!

I need more formal wear though... Something brightly coloured with puffy sleeves perhaps?? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭trowelled

I'm a maybe for this. Things are still up in the air for me

• Moderators Posts: 51,805 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Less maybe, more "yes, I like to have fun and booze!!" :P

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

koth wrote: »
    Less maybe, more "yes, I like to have fun and booze!!" :P

Some of us are broke! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

Would love to go but currently have zero money. I have dresses I can loan (in a few different sizes) if anyone needs one though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Would love to go but currently have zero money. I have dresses I can loan (in a few different sizes) if anyone needs one though. :)

Do you have anything that would accentuate my eyes?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

Maguined wrote: »
    Do you have anything that would accentuate my eyes?

Hmmm... I do have a black sparkly number that could work.

Hmmm... I do have a black sparkly number that could work.

My debs dressw was black and sparkly :cool: and poofy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

i am a hopefully if i can get the funds together (altho the noc MEATup being so close might cause problems, cos the ticket for the debs is like €50 squids alone!)

i am hoping there'd be tickets closer to the time.

couple q's. when will we decide on if we wanna table together, and who'll be on it kinda thing? i don't wanna be stuck on a table with random strangers (and i don't mean ye!) if i do go yakno.
    what is posh enough dress to wear? i only own two dresses and not sure if either would work!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

I won't be able to go - I'm washing my hair that night.

hdowney wrote: »
    couple q's. when will we decide on if we wanna table together, and who'll be on it kinda thing? i don't wanna be stuck on a table with random strangers (and i don't mean ye!) if i do go yakno.
    what is posh enough dress to wear? i only own two dresses and not sure if either would work!

With regards to getting a table together, that would depend on the number of people that get tickets. The organisers probably require a minimum amount of people with tickets before they'll allocate a table.

Sent an email to get some details, will post up info when I get a reply:)

• Advertisement

With regards to getting a table together, that would depend on the number of people that get tickets. The organisers probably require a minimum amount of people with tickets before they'll allocate a table.

Sent an email to get some details, will post up info when I get a reply:)

fabulous. here's hoping we can go as a group. be savage. never went to my debs :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

Kojak wrote: »
    I won't be able to go - I'm washing my hair that night.

With Mr. Sheen??? ;)

Never went to my Debs either - didn't have the money. Plus I look godawful in formal wear - well, more godawful than usual anyway :pac:

That said, allegedly a lot of people were jealous of me afterwards. Apparently our Debs... did not go well :o

Got a response from the organisers.

All seating is pre-allocated. If we want a table, we need to email a list of names to organisers. 10 to a table, if it's less than 10 then we share with another small group.

Got a response from the organisers.

All seating is pre-allocated. If we want a table, we need to email a list of names to organisers. 10 to a table, if it's less than 10 then we share with another small group.

tisn't bad i suppose. so who's up for this?

I wont know till nearer the date, and the actual effort of finding a date to go with!

I wont know till nearer the date, and the actual effort of finding a date to go with!

sorry. we are taking dates??? i thought we were going as we were and meeting up. i won't have a date. no way my best friend will go to this. he will whinge and tell me it isn't his thing.

hdowney wrote: »
    sorry. we are taking dates??? i thought we were going as we were and meeting up. i won't have a date. no way my best friend will go to this. he will whinge and tell me it isn't his thing.

Its a debs!! You have to have a date :p

The other reason I didn't go to mine :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

I should have gone to mine without a date. I actually went to three debs as a date, but none of them as an actual date date.

May go to this date stagtastic

Advertisement