Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milldean Panther

Options
  • 05-09-2011 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

:eek: Long live the king. Incredible scenes on Saturday.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

He did very well in Shelbourne last night.
    His mother is in a kennel outside my back door. The breeder intends to take her to College Causeway again the next time she comes in season, probably next February.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭R0UF

Ridiculous dog. If he stays sound I have no doubt he will be talked about as one of if not the greatest ever. He's a certainty to break 28 and he will destroy the clock over 550 also. Incredible.

going for 10-10 on saturday from trap 1

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭RichardB2

What d'ye reckon lads, open class or grader? ;)
    Hell of a prospect this.
    Whisper is they'll keep him racing at Shelbourne
    & skip Wimbledon, pity in a way.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭kk09

Just imagine if he broke like the last night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 mickm86

i saw on sky dogs last night they were saying they reckon eden star was potentialy as good as midelan phanter? what do ye think? i think hes a good dog and it would be great to see them both compete in the english derby but you can fully understand if he stays at shelbourne only...why change a winning combination.

They've withdrawn him from the Commerford & put him away for the winter.
    Taking some straws for breeding purposes & return in Spring,
    probably the Easter Cup or maybe the Champion Stakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 mickm86

be intresting to see what price they set his viles at?? maybe e750 to start with?

• Advertisement

seems the fashion thing to do in the winter now

mickm86 wrote: »
    be intresting to see what price they set his viles at?? maybe e750 to start with?

Price in Ireland will be €1k to begin with,
    Australia etc will be set later.
    NowSo wrote: »
    seems the fashion thing to do in the winter now

The main concern would be
    running into bad weather like the snow this time last year
    and risking souring such a young dog.

stakes have to be better spread out ie st leger next year, i said it on greyhoundscene last year and the local goba seemed to agree but we hope for better next year

trials back Saturday before Racing at Shelbourne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭restingpilgrim

Nowso wrote: »
    trials back Saturday before Racing at Shelbourne

What time did he do ?

didnt trial due to weather doubts will trial next saturday instead

MILLDEAN PANTHER IMPRESSES IN SHELBOURNE TRIAL SPIN
    07/02/2012
    Milldean Panther was trialled shortly after 11 am at Shelbourne this morning and did a very satisfactory trial as he stopped the clock in 29.55 for the 550 yards.
    It would have to be rated a very smart run considering the dog hasn’t run since November 5th when he won in 28.08 for the 525 yards.
    He is now set to contest the SIS Live Tote Gold Cup which will commence at Saturday week.
    Kennel companion Dear Pa clocked 18.76 in a sprint solo spin.

@MilldeanPanther is on twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

MILDEAN LOOKS A 5 STAR BET THE WAY THEY ARE DRAWN IN FINAL

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭rosskeen

Some run from the Panther in a trial in Cork tonight. 27.87 for a 525.

Tommy Lyons on twitter said: "27.87 solo from Milldean Panther in Cork. Didn't break but railed beautifully."

What would he have done if he'd caught the break?

Track was running +.30. Still a great effort

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

The panther runs tonight in The Formula One Grand Prix Semi-Final over 525yds. If his trial is anything to go by he should make easy work of it...

Panther won tonight in 28.46

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

I seen the race tonight, he broke badly again was 4th/5th going into the first bend but than showed some pace down the back and off the last bend was brilliant. he is very much like his father but when they were offered a quarter of a million for him I think they should of took it.
    He needs the like of ruth or black and amber kennels training him..

I seen the race tonight, he broke badly again was 4th/5th going into the first bend but than showed some pace down the back and off the last bend was brilliant. he is very much like his father but when they were offered a quarter of a million for him I think they should of took it.
    He needs the like of ruth or black and amber kennels training him..

I've seen him a few times and he doesn't come away great. He has ferocious pace out of the last and down the home straight. I hadn't heard they were offered money like that for him, how does anyone turn down and offer like that:eek:

Benny Cake wrote: »
    I've seen him a few times and he doesn't come away great. He has ferocious pace out of the last and down the home straight. I hadn't heard they were offered money like that for him, how does anyone turn down and offer like that:eek:

Total agree if that was my dog they would of got lead and collar for free. I wonder how much luck money would ya give back?? 50 euro:o

I herad the Razldazl kennels were looking for him. Maybe it was from the prize money they brought in last year!

luck wasn't the word for that tonight but looking at that first bend did he think about fighting or did he just lose his footing?? for a second there it looks like he was about to turn the head..

no you often see dogs heads seemingly out at bend. So might yours going 30mph around a tight bend lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

luck wasn't the word for that tonight but looking at that first bend did he think about fighting or did he just lose his footing?? for a second there it looks like he was about to turn the head..

it looked like that to me also

• Advertisement

at the 2nd bend hen he brushed off the 2 . it was not having a go in anyway imo. its not uncommon a happening

Advertisement