Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

superlevy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Begob

Text from Glanbia.
    Country over by 1.5%

Glanbia's quota is full already by 56 million litres.

Theres very little flexi milk,so if your co-op is over and you are over,brace yourselves for a bill and in a lot of cases hefty milk cheque deductions over the coming months.

I doubt the banks the state they are in will be happy to loan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭case 5150

whoooooooooooooo quota year 2011/12 finally over, and i coming in at 100 gallons under when i did my calculations today, talk bout pushing it

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭mattthetrasher

770 gallons over, not so bad. are they allowing for leapyear?if so,only 385 gls over:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,051 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

20 k gallons over and dried off in october:eek:. Luckily arrabawn are ok thank god, some guys are gona have a fair superlevy fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dar31

thanks be to fleximilk.

the old premier lads knew what they were doing when they kept the premier pool separate from glanbia's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭rancher

dar31 wrote: »
    thanks be to fleximilk.

the old premier lads knew what they were doing when they kept the premier pool separate from glanbia's

What's going on in the north..... british farming forum yesterday

''United Dairy Farmers Auction price in Nofthern Ireland fell from 25.5ppl to 21.8 ppl today!! Hope its doesn't fall as much as that over here! cry.gif ''

''fane vally is buying milk in England for 18p litre and its taking 3p to ship it to bandbridge ''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭battle_hardend

the lady who does my accounts told me recently that in ten years , she has never met one farmer who recieved a superlevy fine , i know offically thier is such a thing as superlevy but is it entirely toothless , is some backroom deal always done re_ europe in the end ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

got the superlevy balancing statement in post otday, i owe nothing as i wasnt over, so i assume everyone else got one today

the lady who does my accounts told me recently that in ten years , she has never met one farmer who recieved a superlevy fine , i know offically thier is such a thing as superlevy but is it entirely toothless , is some backroom deal always done re_ europe in the end ?

Paid a big one last time round, and know plenty more that got done as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭stanflt

thanks be to fleximilk.

got 140000 litres flexi from premier pool- gamble paid off- will have a whooper of a cheque next month:D

• Advertisement

stanflt wrote: »
    got 140000 litres flexi from premier pool- gamble paid off- will have a whooper of a cheque next month:D
    ye should be thanking me , thats my quota ye are using:D

whelan1 wrote: »
    ye should be thanking me , thats my quota ye are using:D

did you not put yours back into exchange on temp leasing

some of it.... hope to fill this year:)

thanks be to fleximilk.

we will all have to thank our old lads ! all looking well in the farmers journal:)

we will all have to thank our old lads ! all looking well in the farmers journal:)

did he enjoy the evening? auld man said it was a great evening

ye, they had a great time, once you hear" never again" it has to have been good:D

did he enjoy the evening? auld man said it was a great evening

It was a great night, very well done, it took an east wicklow mans touch. well done to organising committee.
    Fell into bed around four

did you notice this

008tbr.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

did you notice this

008tbr.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    when you put that up the other day i said it to my da, the genesis cow and calf they got are really nice... might have to get that in years to come:D

• Advertisement

May get the auld lad in to change the will, it's a very nice piece

May get the auld lad in to change the will, it's a very nice piece
    i like your thinking

Yah- worked out OK in the end.
    But we're all bow laxxed again now as the glan bia are dropping the price 5c a litre between April and may ,that's 22c a gallon .

Tell us lads what was coveney doing in china at all at all?
    Harvest 2020 me arsse.

Begob wrote: »
    But we're all bow laxxed again now as the glan bia are dropping the price 5c a litre between April and may ,that's 22c a gallon .

Harvest 2020 me arsse.
    will be interesting to see what glanbia actually do, they want the farmer on their side if they are going to do anything with the co-op, interesting times ahead me thinks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Begob wrote: »

Harvest 2020 me arsse.

Was reading about big price drops recently in the UK too:(

will be interesting to see what glanbia actually do, they want the farmer on their side if they are going to do anything with the co-op, interesting times ahead me thinks

Well I can tell ya,I was at a milk meeting the other night in Gorey and that's exactly what they are doing-drop of 22c a gallon between now and may.
    Oh and those fixed price contracts are a joke.
    Yah get 20% of your milk into them and the ever so clever glan bia in cahoots with the multiples will pay for that by dropping the other.
    I've been farming 48 years and nothings ever changed,we're always being hoodwinked.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

The corporate shareholders will be happy.

We need a proper co-op.

or take control of the plc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭milkprofit

Them ould LMP guys new what they were doing alright keeping quota separate

We need some one like them with the -alls to stand up to the PLc
    The plc are going to sink the co -op with debt
    Go talk to Your board member Tell him to support the co-op shareholder or you will sack him at the next vote
    R ember you are responsible for your board member you put him there

While i am at it
    Coveney is supposed to be minster for ag
    Now he is spending all his time on this treaty to the determent of all of us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

milkprofit wrote: »
    While i am at it
    Coveney is supposed to be minster for ag
    Now he is spending all his time on this treaty to the determent of all of us

Cant see what difference this makes to milk price. Just do a small bit of research as to why milk price has to fall, along with a falling beef prices and rising grain price

Do you think the Minister of Ag makes that much of a difference??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭rancher

Cant see what difference this makes to milk price. Just do a small bit of research as to why milk price has to fall, along with a falling beef prices and rising grain price

Do you think the Minister of Ag makes that much of a difference??

+1

High prices always cures high prices by causing overproduction

No Bob i am not that stupid
    Coveney is a very good minister of ag he is one of the brighter sparks How can he look after our business in Brussels and els where when he is pre occupied with the referendum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

Paid a big one last time round, and know plenty more that got done as well
    I heard of a farmer that got a super levy bill for 80k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭Tipp Man

how the hell are ye all getting flexi??

We got f##k all of it and a nice little levy to boot

The distribution of flexi is an absolute joke

I heard of a farmer that got a super levy bill for 80k.
    :eek::eek:

Tipp Man wrote: »
    how the hell are ye all getting flexi??

We got f##k all of it and a nice little levy to boot

The distribution of flexi is an absolute joke

a few years back when there was a merger a vote was passed to keep the premier pool together

I was talking to my milkman, he said supplys were up on last year already, well lads with the recent rainfall id expect the likes of connaught to be under, but arrabawn were over last month so that doesnt look good:confused:

just got text glanbia to hold june manufacturing price at 28.5cpl, despite ongoing low market returns:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

i dont milk :D, but was talking to the lorry driver who collects for the uncle last week (Lakeland) and he said milk collections were down in the last 3 weeks and a lot of cows in at night and pits open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Not superlevy but about when quotas go and for Glanbia it seems 2 cents per litre will be charged for milk that is above current quota, to help pay for a new milk processing facility down in Belview, south Kilkenny.
    This 2 cents per litre charge over existing quota will last for 5 years.

• Advertisement

I agree with the 2c charge, maybe 1c for young farmers may make sense too. Just read the journal country over by 2 percent which is hard to believe

fortune favours the brave
    got about 50000gals of quota for 2015 free under the new scheme

fortune favours the brave
    got about 50000gals of quota for 2015 free under the new scheme

what are the reference years, dont thínk we will fare as well, probably 20k gls extra

what are the reference years, dont thínk we will fare as well, probably 20k gls extra

best year of last 3gone or your actual quota

best year of last 3gone or your actual quota

had the area manager in with me today and he said it was the average of 3 previous years, or quota, but he wasnt sure of the exact years to be used.

each additional litre of milk would cost 2c/year for 5 years, and they would then drip feed this amount back to us over a longer period.
    havent had a chance to study up on it so only going on what i heard

well lads how do yee think its gona go, i reckon some co ops will be over, the country will be probably under quota tho. Mees hoping:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Over again me thinks for sure, and will be for the next 2years!

Timmaay wrote: »
    Over again me thinks for sure, and will be for the next 2years!
    What's the story with flexi milk, I have 50k gallon quota, how much flexi should I get. Looks like I'm gona be full in August :-((

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Injuryprone

There are few things helping the quota situation
    1. Bad weather
    2. Outlook for a higher ration price
    3. Lower milk price
    The highest flexi I heard this year was 4.5k gallons, but I suppose it'll vary depending on who you're supplying.
    One thing is for certain, if we go over this year, we'll never be under quota again.

• Advertisement

kevthegaff wrote: »
    What's the story with flexi milk, I have 50k gallon quota, how much flexi should I get. Looks like I'm gona be full in August :-((
    tbh i have no sympathy for ya, you know what your quota is....

Advertisement