Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling Online

Options
  • 05-09-2011 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

I am going to need to set up a website for a client so that they can sell registration for their event online. The event is a run with around 1000 entrants. I have used PayPal before and found it easy to set up and integrate into a website with the simple copy and pasting of code for the buttons. But the fact that it doesnt accept Laser Cards is a problem so I will be trying for the first time to set up AIB's Realex Merchant account and integrate into the website.

So can someone shed some light on how I go about integrating Realex in to the website. I understand the process of setting up the Merchant account with Realex. But when a customer to the website registers for the run and fills out their details and click pay what happens next? Do Realex supply you with the code for the 'pay now' buttons like paypal?
    I will be using Joomla to build the website. I suppose I need to know if I will be able to do this myself of will I need to pay some to do side of things for me?

Thanks.
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

CiaranC33 wrote: »
    I am going to need to set up a website for a client so that they can sell registration for their event online. The event is a run with around 1000 entrants. I have used PayPal before and found it easy to set up and integrate into a website with the simple copy and pasting of code for the buttons. But the fact that it doesnt accept Laser Cards is a problem so I will be trying for the first time to set up AIB's Realex Merchant account and integrate into the website.

So can someone shed some light on how I go about integrating Realex in to the website. I understand the process of setting up the Merchant account with Realex. But when a customer to the website registers for the run and fills out their details and click pay what happens next? Do Realex supply you with the code for the 'pay now' buttons like paypal?
    I will be using Joomla to build the website. I suppose I need to know if I will be able to do this myself of will I need to pay some to do side of things for me?

Thanks.
    :)

Realex have full samples on how to integrate when you sign up, they will sort you with everything you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭CiaranC33

Thanks Chrome! I will give it a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭willows

There are main stream carts in joomla and then other smaller ones, make sure realex support the main stream cart, otherwise you will end of writing an integration yourself or getting some one else to do it for you.

as far as I know realex have a virtuemart integration.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

You have a form which submits all the necessary info to a Realex page (i.e. the price, currency, an encrypted code, etc.). They enter their card details on the Realex page - you can give Realex a template for that page so it looks just like the rest of your site - Then Realex submit a form back to you to confirm the results of the transaction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

CiaranC33 wrote: »
    But the fact that it doesnt accept Laser Cards is a problem...

Bear in mind that a lot of the Irish banks have ditched the Laser Card already, and the remaining ones will be doing so very soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

3d secure is now being insisted on by the banks so this will mean you will have to add this to your realex account. If you are using realex redirect method you have no change to do on the payment integration if you are using realex remote you will have a large change to do to make 3d secure work on your site.

There are 2 products we have used in the past that do event booking but none take the lesser spotted laser card. I suppose you have to ask yourself how many of the attendees will have a laser card and no other credit card available to them. Are you going to all this bother for a small few.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

I would have thought quite a lot. I probably wouldn't even have a credit card were it not for online purchases so I'd imagine people like me who are new to buying will see your site and say "Damn" and get off their arses and go into town.

And what about those people who don't qualify for one?

Everyone has a Laser card on the other hand as it's also an ATM card.

From experience most fraud online in Ireland is commited with Laser cards. Credit cards have better security on them with paypal payments being possibly the most secure ( and expensive )

So this might be a consideration too. I hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭VMotion

BTW, Moneybookers accept Laser cards but they have like 30 days holding period.

• Advertisement
Advertisement