Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What should I do??

Options
  • 05-09-2011 12:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone...
    I have a few questions that I'd love your opinions on my new tattoo. I got it done last Tuesday.

First off, I will admit that I had doubts about the artist I went to but figured that she couldn't make a mess of a little heart.

The first pic was taken the day I got it.. The 2nd pic I took this morning.

It's my fourth tattoo and when she was doing the outline I felt like I wanted to tell her to go deeper, I hardly felt a thing. She then asked me if I had naturally red hair (my hair is dyed red not ginger) and I thought she was trying to make some sort of excuse for the ink to taking to my skin.

Now, I know that a lot of you on here are seasoned tattooees/artists etc... so I'm asking do I go back to her and ask for a touch up or go to someone who is definately more capable?

I'm so annoyed with myself for going to her even when I had doubts about her work. :(

*slap on the wrists*

Aoife

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I'd go back and ask her to touch it up. Most places will do touch-ups for free. Then, you can mark it down as lesson learned/experience (not trying to sound snotty with that), and move on.

Luckily, in a way, it was only a small tat, so nothing you'll be regretting for a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

I might just do that... I'll wait untill it has fully healed and then go back to her but I'll fire off an email today I think.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Best bet is to back to her, point out the parts you aren't happy with and any artist worth their salt will fix it up no bother

I've decided that I'm going to ring the shop and explain my concerns but inform the artist that I'm not confident in her abilities and that I'll get it re-done else where.

I'll offer to show her the pics aswell but there's no way I'm going back when I really really don't feel confident in her work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Another place would charge you for the touching up, but at least the original artist will do it for free... or someone else in the same place perhaps?

• Advertisement

Yes Evil, they probably would but it's two girls that run/own the shop and I don't really have any confidence in either of them.

I doubted their work and I shouldn't have gone in the first place. I wouldn't mind paying again for the touch up, I might get my star (that's beside the heart) done aswell so they're both as fresh looking as each other.

Thanks for the comment! :)

Advertisement