Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What can I get for my € in Dublin?

Options
  • 05-09-2011 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

Obviously the market is a very different place from when I left Dublin 3 years ago! But looking at what I could get for my money if I was to come back.

So with a budget of around €150k what could I be looking at getting in Dublin?

Ideally would want at least 2 bedrooms, or a very nice large 1 bedroom flat if not. No kids as of yet but would like to live in as nice an area as possible (ie not going to get mugged walking home from the pub!).

In as nice an area as possible, not sure on working location yet but that shoud be flexible.

So what sort of areas should I be considering and what would I get for my money?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,493 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

You are only going to start one of those threads that argue back and forth about whether an area is good and or safe.

If I was in your position I would buy an old two two down in Doneycarney or somewhere off colins avenue, its got good public transport its near town, its an older settled area.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,399 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Minimise your travel needs with regard to work, study, shops, services, etc.

Look at daft.ie and it will give you an idea as to what people are asking for. You may be able to get a somewhat better price than asking price.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snowey07

I just bought in Dublin 7 (Phibsboro end), 2 bed cottage for 99k. Im putting in a new kitchen, second bathroom and will dicky it up a bit so will end up costing about 110k. Im delighted with it -walking distance to town, nice area, quiet street.

Theres only a little yard but I hate gardening so once there was space for a table during the summer it was fine!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 370 ✭✭bath handle

A 2 up 2 down in good nick can be got in Inchicore for 150k

Advertisement