Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A 3DTV that doesn't work when the sun is shining

Options
13»

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 141 ✭✭moomooman

I have a Samsung UE46C7000 3DTV and have never encountered any problems with glasses shutting off.

The TV faces the window, is located about 8-10 feet from the window, facing east so its in direct sunlight in the afternoon, never encountered a single issue with the IR.

Do you have the light sensor switched on in the Eco options? The setting that adjusts screen brightness on the fly, probably not related to 3D but....

I think there may be a fault with the OPs TV, however having had a previous TV taken away under extended warranty due to deteriorating HD picture quality I know it can be an effing nightmare to deal with those companies and they left us without a TV for 3 months.

I'd suggest the OP have plenty of chill pills at hand and be prepared for a long drawn out affair.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

mathie wrote: »
    It mentioned ...

"You may notice a small amount of screen flickering xxwhen watching 3D images in poor light conditions (from a strobe light, etc.), or under a fluorescent lamp (50Hz ~ 60Hz) or 3 wavelength lamp. If so, dim the light or turn the lamp off.
    3D mode is automatically disabled"

II'm getting non-stop flicker when its sunny outside.

It's well documented on the web as it's a problem.

There's a big thread on avforums about it and most people have had their tvs replaced or refunded.

You have a link for that by any chance?
    I cant find it....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

mik_da_man wrote: »
    It mentioned ...

"You may notice a small amount of screen flickering xxwhen watching 3D images in poor light conditions (from a strobe light, etc.), or under a fluorescent lamp (50Hz ~ 60Hz) or 3 wavelength lamp. If so, dim the light or turn the lamp off.
    3D mode is automatically disabled"

II'm getting non-stop flicker when its sunny outside.

It's well documented on the web as it's a problem.

There's a big thread on avforums about it and most people have had their tvs replaced or refunded.

You have a link for that by any chance?
    I cant find it....

Its in the pdf manual I posted

Sorry - A link to the thread you mentioned.
    I got a 50" 3D Plasma and I've pretty much stopped watching the 3D because of the poxy flicker.
    I have had the glasses replaced a few times but that was af far as they were prepared to go.

I got a 50" 3D Plasma and I've pretty much stopped watching the 3D because of the poxy flicker.
    I have had the glasses replaced a few times but that was af far as they were prepared to go.

Warning its a massive thread!

http://www.avforums.com/forums/3d-tv-technology/1380473-please-post-here-if-you-have-samsung-glasses-losing-sync-problems.html

And it's now closed but there's a second thread open.

Most people there got a refund from the store they purchased at.

Where did you get yours?

• Advertisement

I got mine in Soundstore here in Cork.
    It was one of the first 3D ones PS50C680 and 5 pairs of glasses - all have sync issue.
    I got it with with the offer of the TV, blu ray player and 3D Blu Rays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

I guess that applies to Samsung as i have a Pana and no issues so far !

Yeah,
    From reading the thread on AV forums it's clear that the samsung technology is cr@p. It uses IR to send the Signal from the glasses to the TV, any type of light interfers with it so Samsung have moved to using bluetooth for the Glasses in newer models.

A number of people have got refunds/repalcements in the UK so far....

An update folks ...

After some back and forth with the shop (Powercity) over the issue (they themselves had to go back and forth to Samsung) I was given store credit (which is what I'd asked for even though I may have been entitled to a refund).

I'd picked out a new TV and reserved it in their store and was told to bring the TV back when I was picking it up.

I was expecting a long drawn out morning when I brought it back but the staff were incredible.

Within ten minutes I'd brought the TV in and got the new one in the back of my car.

Thumbs up to Powercity on this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,013 ✭✭✭✭listermint

An update folks ...

After some back and forth with the shop (Powercity) over the issue (they themselves had to go back and forth to Samsung) I was given store credit (which is what I'd asked for even though I may have been entitled to a refund).

I'd picked out a new TV and reserved it in their store and was told to bring the TV back when I was picking it up.

I was expecting a long drawn out morning when I brought it back but the staff were incredible.

Within ten minutes I'd brought the TV in and got the new one in the back of my car.

Good outcome OP, But next time you make a large purchase such as this. Will you do some back ground review checks online. Save everyone these sort of threads were everyone gets their back up ;)

Incidently i presume you read reviews on the replacement too..?

• Advertisement

An update folks ...

Thanks for update...what TV set you picked this time !?

listermint wrote: »
    Good outcome OP, But next time you make a large purchase such as this. Will you do some back ground review checks online. Save everyone these sort of threads were everyone gets their back up ;)

You so right...i spent one month reading and checking and touching and crying and...crying ! Too many options...

Then,went in the shop and picked the most expensive Pana...can't be wrong,isn't it !?

Regards

listermint wrote: »

I did my research the first time!

The first report of any problems about this set were a few weeks after I bought it!

http://www.avforums.com/forums/3d-tv-technology/1380473-please-post-here-if-you-have-samsung-glasses-losing-sync-problems.html

rolion wrote: »
    Thanks for update...what TV set you picked this time !?

A non-3D one!
    I didn't want to get burned again.

I went for a Sony Bravia.
    Surely they never fail? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 graw123

plan- win the irish lotto then get a cinema room and you're sorted!

graw123 wrote: »
    plan- win the irish lotto then get a cinema room and you're sorted!

Or I think Ill stick to reading books.

Sunlight only enchances them :)

Advertisement