Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Test boot - 5 beeps

Options
  • 05-09-2011 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

Well basically my parts order from hwvs has arrived today, hurray!.. Or maybe not.
    So I decided to go for a test boot, carefully put in my processor (AMD Phenom II x4 965 Black Edition), put on it's heatsink and got it's latches down, all with no problems. I put in my RAM (Corsair XMS3 DDR3-1333 CL9) 2x 4gb DIMM's, then put in my graphics card (Asus EAH6870). Plugged in my PSU (made sure the power switch was off) and connected the main mobo(24 pin) power connector, 8 pin supplemental power connected, and one PCI-e Power connector to the graphics card, went for the boot and I was promted by 5 beeps, and the ASrocks debug LED showing 'd6', which I have yet to find much information on.

tl;dr, not going to post, getting 5 beeps and debug led showing 'd6'

any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭kev_like

d6 = "No Console Output Devices are found" Looks like I'll have to try my graphics card in another bay or something.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Doesn't the HD6870 need two 6-pin PCIe power connectors?

Advertisement