Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 and 3/4" Pine Wood Flooring (tongue and groove)

Options
  • 05-09-2011 1:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi all...anyone know where near to Sligo that I might be able to pick up a bit of 6 and 3/4" Pine Wood Flooring (tongue and groove).

Dont make it anymore, not since the 70's:(.....

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Is it pitch pine you're after pete? Would probably have to go to a salvage yard for it although I have seen some advertised in the Champion small ads now and again. Theres a salvage yard in Enniskillen as far as I know so may be worth looking up golden pages and ringing them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭pete2009

Thanks Sean...indeed pitch pine...thanks for info...some of the main timber suppliers saying "no such thing"...salvage job indeed...cheers:D

pete

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

you may be able to get a lad with a workshop to run you off boards, would you be looking for much yards of it??

sligono1 wrote: »
    you may be able to get a lad with a workshop to run you off boards, would you be looking for much yards of it??

Thanks #1.. had to do the job using 5 and 1/2" and some nifty saw work..worked out ok...happy enough with it...tried all salvage places..not a bit of 6.5 x 1 to be had..:eek:

cheers

Good man Pete. Did you have old 5x1/2's or did you manufacture from new?

• Advertisement

red sean wrote: »
    Good man Pete. Did you have old 5x1/2's or did you manufacture from new?

Cheers Sean.

I was contemplating house burgalry..LOL! only kiddin...a friend of mine had just taken up a floor, so lots of 5 and 1/2 " to be had...

Good stuff! Blended in well so.

Advertisement