Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hawke shot saver

• 05-09-2011 1:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭

A great device that will get a newly mounted scope on paper first time and also make checking the scope is still on zero.

used by attaching the Shot Saver to the correct Bore Stud and inserting this into the barrel of your rifle you look through your riflescope and line up the reticle with the recorded mark on the Shot Saver grid pattern 4" at 100 yards

€50 + Post or arrange to meet at suitable location

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

Is there an optical collimator with that, how many bore dummy's? ie what size?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

A great device that will get a newly mounted scope on paper first time and also make checking the scope is still on zero.

used by attaching the Shot Saver to the correct Bore Stud and inserting this into the barrel of your rifle you look through your riflescope and line up the reticle with the recorded mark on the Shot Saver grid pattern 4" at 100 yards

€50 + Post or arrange to meet at suitable location

Do you not have to zero your rifle first, then take a reading from the grid so if you knock your scope off you can then realign it with the reading you took after you zeroed:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭bud2000

p.m. sent

Do you not have to zero your rifle first, then take a reading from the grid so if you knock your scope off you can then realign it with the reading you took after you zeroed:confused:

No I have used it when I first got a scope to get it on paper at 100 yards. Once you have done that and your happy with the scope settings etc, put back on the shot saver and note where your on the grid. As with any sighting device laser or other its only an aid:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭Scalachi

I have one of these and would not part with it.

I have it about 4 years now, and between myself and various friends etc , i would say its setup at least 25 + scopes and will normally get you on paper to within 6 inches.

Great bit of kit.

DB

this item is now sold.
    mods you can close thread. many thanks to posters

Advertisement