Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fight outside Mervue school today

Options
  • 05-09-2011 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Anyone see the scrap outside Mervue school today? ****in knackers again! traffic was held up. Parents were bringing their 4-year-olds out from school and were visibly frightened and shocked. garda came but of course they got away with it. ****in pikeys! Dont give a **** about anyone else!:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

pikey rant

Pics or it didn't happen!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 superhotarrows

It happened!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Source added...

It was mentioned on The Galway Advertiser Facebook page, but they did not say who was involved.

Parents are angry after toddlers had to watch a street brawl outside a school in Mervue in the last hour. Several men wrestled on the road. Gardai were called and watching children were left upset.

It's disgusting that grown men would fight outside a school while small children were entering.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

A fight outside a school, what's the world coming to it's the sign of the apocalypse, we're all dooooooooommeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭beeintheknow

God damn eskimoes... sorry inuits

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Destroyer666

Blacks and pikeys make up almost all of that school anyway so I wouldnt be shocked.

Mod note:user banned

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

One ban and one infract so far. Don't be next.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Blacks and pikeys make up almost all of that school anyway so I wouldnt be shocked.

Ha!

The PC brigate will sh*t themselves when they read that comment!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭beeintheknow

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Ha!

The PC brigate will sh*t themselves when they read that comment!

The brigates are not traditionally overly pc.

I speak of say the brigate gialloblu or the brigate rossonere.

Can I be very out of order here and say, things like this really do add a spice to peoples' lives and breaks the mundane routine of everyday.

Yes, you're shocked and appalled at this spectacle, and more so as a parent you are upset that your young child has been exposed to this, but christ.... Isn't there some part of you that can watch it with a morbid fascination?

I mean, I find bull fighting to be a inhumane and a bit upsetting, but watching two gentlemen beating seven shades of shít out of each other, rolling about on the ground and roaring derangedly at one another in broad daylight really does entertain me on a very base level.

I guess what I'm trying to say here is, "MOAR PIKEY FIGHTIN'!!!!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Nothing beats watching a good street brawl...... There was a family who lived behind my mums house in the westside and quite often there would be massive fights......

We'd all (the kids) be lined up on the back wall watching!!:D
    Free entertainment.... Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

dilallio wrote: »
    It's disgusting that grown men would fight outside a school while small children were entering.

It's even more disgusting that grown men beat their wives, girlfriends and children in the privacy of their own homes. Doesn't stop 'em though.

Somehow I don't think the proximity of a school was a major consideration when the people involved decided to kick off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

What is it about that area for fighting?

Wasn't there a big scrap at a funeral a while back just down the road at the church from the very same school which ended up in court?

I think Cllr. Terry O'Flaherty should issue a press release saying she is shocked and horrified and expects the AGS to sort it out.

After all, she did get a tap for Ballyloughane and the seaweed removed for the sunbathers. :D

Little bit disappointed that nobody got it on video. Wouldn't mind a bit of entertainment on this slow blustery day. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Little bit disappointed that nobody got it on video. Wouldn't mind a bit of entertainment on this slow blustery day. :(

Maybe it was too difficult to hold a camcorder!! Can't endorse your views about this being an enjoyable spectator sport though. **** it, kids fighting is hardly to be encouraged.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

There were no problems like this when everybody walked or cycled to school. Just ban cars I sez :D

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

I saw a fracas like this before on youtube it was caught on someones phone down near the cornstore, it was a bit like WWF on tv, lots of shouting and roaring but no one getting hurt. Still though not the sort of thing I would want to run into bringing my sons to school.

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    There were no problems like this when everybody walked or cycled to school. Just ban cars I sez :D

There is something in what you say.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/8090575/Three-police-officers-arrest-traffic-officer-over-parking-row.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

Anyone see the scrap outside Mervue school today? ****in knackers again! traffic was held up. Parents were bringing their 4-year-olds out from school and were visibly frightened and shocked. garda came but of course they got away with it. ****in pikeys! Dont give a **** about anyone else!:mad:

Travelers were involved in a similar scrap last year outside a primary school in the west of the city too. My missus is a teacher there.

Parents knocked six shades of sh1te out of each other as their own (and all the other) kids stood around in shock and tears. Gardai had to come and break it up.

I'll say no more about them as I don't want to get banned.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

And did everyone surround them and chant "FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!" until a teacher broke it up and then "OOOoooooooOOO"?

If not, kids today have become horribly pussified.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

it was a bit like WWF on tv, lots of shouting and roaring but no one getting hurt.
    That's how all animals fight with their own species, the objective is to be dominant over the other animal it's not really necessary to do any damage, most fights amongst most animals are won simply by being the bigger animal.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭constantg

****in knackers again! ****in pikeys! Dont give a ****

What's a '****' ???

Also coming from Limerick lads, it can get worse, count your blessings!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

JustMary wrote: »
    Somehow I don't think the proximity of a school was a major consideration when the people involved decided to kick off.
    If what
    had any truth to it, I'd say youngsters of two feuding families went to school, and the parents decided to have it out with each other. No doubt a sign of things to come.

Advertisement