Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

teeth whitening

• 05-09-2011 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

has anyone had this done and been happy with the results? curiuos to know how long the treatment lasts for , on-going maintenance etc etc
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭waterfordgirl

I got it done in the white smile clinic in Cork. Booked it and then saw it on groupon for €95, was meant to be €200. Was really happy with my teeth afterwards and once you've had you're teeth whitened by them once any other time you go it only costs €120, which is good value!
    The girl who did it was also very nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

I'm mad to get the Crest 3D strips from America.. Kandee Johnson did a review among many others and they seem to do a great job! Apparently you get enough product in a box to last 4 months for $40 which ain't bad at all when changed to Euro. You can get them on Drugstore.com for like €30 but the shipping rates are extortionate so it puts me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

I got it done in the white smile clinic in Cork. Booked it and then saw it on groupon for €95, was meant to be €200. Was really happy with my teeth afterwards and once you've had you're teeth whitened by them once any other time you go it only costs €120, which is good value!
    The girl who did it was also very nice.

Thanks but can you tell us how long did the results last for? Is there much on-going maintenance or at leasat, how often would you need to get the treatment again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Resi12 wrote: »
    I'm mad to get the Crest 3D strips from America.. Kandee Johnson did a review among many others and they seem to do a great job! Apparently you get enough product in a box to last 4 months for $40 which ain't bad at all when changed to Euro. You can get them on Drugstore.com for like €30 but the shipping rates are extortionate so it puts me off.

I got them off ebay before and they worked great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

Yeah? I must give that a look then, never even thought to try there! :D

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭waterfordgirl

73trix wrote: »
    Thanks but can you tell us how long did the results last for? Is there much on-going maintenance or at leasat, how often would you need to get the treatment again?

well I only got it done last month! She told me the results are very much dependant on the the individual, for example I smoke and drink a lot of coffee, both are known to stain the teeth so it wont last as long for me as it would for others! I did buy their at home whitening top up kit, €35 for 6 months supply and am going to use that soon, so that should help to make the results last longer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭AnneElizabeth

+1 on Crest WhiteStrips, I've been using them for three years now, they are amazing! They're incredibly popular in America. Your teeth get very sensitive after you use them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Sounds great but how long does each application last? How often do you need to re-apply? Is it a thing you can do now and again if you have a special occasion or do u need to keep topping it up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Got my crest strips off www.crestwhitestrips.co.uk they were delivered in two days! Only twenty five euro for a seven day supply o the supreme ones.
    They definately work! Only draw back is if you have sensitive teeth like me they will be very sensitie after but I just use them every second day for slightly less time and hey it's worth it for the White teeth!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

www.frownies.ie sell the crest strips ladies and take laser!

I got the professional ones for fifty euro, i wouldn't get them again. The strips kind of moved on my teeth and it felt like a gummy crisp bag in my mouth, i also gagged with the taste and it was almost traumatic to keep them on for the 30 mins!!!

If i was getting them again i'd get the ones from kandees vid as for about 50 euro they last a year and seem to have the biggest improvement. The seal seems good on the advanced ones in the vid above. Definitely when i had the professional ones in i couldn't really speak, i sounded slurry and got that build up of saliva in my mouth like at the dentist, and with the yucky taste i would be almost having to vomit! Some toothpastes do make me gag though so it might be that i'm more sensitive but i wouldn't get them again. They only lightened my teeth one shade i would say, not the dramatic look i was hoping fr but then again i couldn't bring myself to use them more than once a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭BahSheep

That Kandee girl is actually nuts :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭IsaMtq

Have to agree with the crest strips - i think i saw them in boots or some other chemists here that sell them, but you can also purchase on the net for quite reasonable a price. You need to use them twice a day 1/2 hour each time for the first week, and then just top up as you need them - they do work really well. They are not that comfortable in your mouth so once you have them in you really need to relax your mouth for the 1/2 hour but you get used to it. Crest also sell a whitening mouthwash which you can buy anywhere and really works.

I had laser teeth whitening at the derma clinic and would not recommend it (the whitening - the other services i've got there were great) It was agony, my teeth were sore for days and the results did not last! Waste of money for me.

I now use a mouth guard top and bottom which i got fitted at the dentist €250 - but well well worth it, it'll last you forever, the only thing you need to buy is the top up bleach which is cheap enough and lasts a while. Its comfortable, easy to use, and long lasting.

Hope you find the one that suits!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

I got mine done professionally at the dentist and that was over a year ago and they're still considerably white. I did mine with take home whitening trays so I can top it up whenever I want and the bleach only cost €15 from the dentist.

I have braces on atm so can't post a pic but here was one I posted a few months back......

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=73212892&postcount=34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33 fordey101

I've used crest whitestrips supreme, think they are brilliant! I bought them a few times off www.tanzone.ie they are only 3.50 each. I think i used them 5 days in a row, could really see the difference. They do make your teeth awful sensitive, I should have started using sensodyne before using them! Also, i read that you are not meant to brush your teeth directly before using the strips (as i was doing) so that should help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 PrettyV

If you cant get the crest strips i'd advise getting iwhite it is amazing, you can really see the difference after using it :). It's a at home kit but i found it to be fuss free so thats a bonus, and it lasted a good while.

Here is a really good website where I got mine its a great product and you can get it at a fantastic price there, that you wouldn't get anywhere else.;)

http://www.beautyfeatures.ie/Products/506-oxygen-activated-teeth-whitening.aspx

They also take laser which is a plus :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

Another +1 for Crest Whitestrips. I've been buying them on ebay around once a year, although I drink gallons of black coffee so have no idea how well it'd last if I didn't!

The "Professional" ones are better in my opinion. They're stronger than the regular ones so you really see a difference quickly. I find that I never complete the course with the regular ones as it takes two weeks and you really can't do anything for the half hour you've got them in (they say you can talk normally, which is rubbish! You've just got to sit there and try not to move your mouth) The sensitivity is a nightmare by the third day but worth it for the result- do not brush your teeth beforehand! My nerves are jangling at the memory:( They are amazing though, I get so many compliments once I've done it after a long period without- people can't usually pinpoint whats different but just think that I look better/brighter!

Advertisement