Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling forum Raid Pyrénéen trip 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Heuston we have a problem. If anyone reading this has 10 days to spare from Thursday or knows how we can insure someone to drive on the continent for that period can they let me know asap. Unfortunately our original van driver had to pull out for personal reasons and plan b has also fallen through. Everything will be paid for.

Just like apollo 13, we worked through the problem and now have a driver and van for the trip.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Thanks Lenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

10 bikes in a camper van you think?

A gent for giving us this back up thou, so who else is joining lenny in this spin sunday, il push him up all the climbs.

manafana wrote: »
    10 bikes in a camper van you think?

A gent for giving us this back up thou, so who else is joining lenny in this spin sunday, il push him up all the climbs.

its a big camper, with garage, 10 bikes shouldn't be any problem.

Just remember this when i ATTACK!!!! :)

lennymc wrote: »
    its a big camper, with garage, 10 bikes shouldn't be any problem.

Just remember this when i ATTACK!!!! :)

i was practising my counters today so im ready

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭michael196

AstraMonti wrote: »
    On another note, I ll try to find if someone could lend us a gopro for this trip, it would be really nice to have some footage of manafana :p

go pro camera Suppplied by myself.....

good luck with the trip lads......

looking forard to the footage afterwards !!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Did the last long spin before the Pyrenees, very pleased with myself. 110k with almost 2000m of climbing and beat my time in wicklow gap by 3 and half minutes. Finished and felt very fresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I can't match that, short club spin, no climbs of note, took it nice and easy.
    Spent the afternoon cleaning and regreasing bearings and changing tyres and brake blocks etc.
    Successfully managed to severely gouge my finger on the chain ring removing the first pedal so not a happy camper fuuuuuuuuuuuuu:-(
    The RAAM guys gave some kind words of encouragement anyway so it's all good for the trip.

i havent been on my bike since last saturday :eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Did a 155km sportive in Athy, I 6 hours moving time, I'm screwed. On a positive note, I did passed the 4,000km mark for the year today. One last spin tomorrow evening.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement

well done captain. i suppose in my defence, i was sick, but im out tomorrow morning, and racing on monday, and maybe tuesday.

just spin this evening 40km climbed to kilkee from tallaght side, then did kilmascogue upto carpark.

SInce march i have 4,400km, and 48.000m of climbing so think im ok, flat spins early in year, then doing alot of climbing last few weeks.

Out with lenny tommorow as his domestique.

manafana wrote: »
    Out with lenny tommorow as his domestique to drag him over some hills.

fyp :)

looking forward to it

Raiders, check your email for details on what's happening with bike drop off/collection!

Lenny

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I know this will burn some of your eyes but thanks to Super Freak we changed the LOOK over to triple this evening, I can has gears :)

, I can has gears :)
    Is this anything to do with the %rating for the Marie Blanc? I noticed a 13% section on a couple of hills.
    Ignorance is bliss

13% is flat, isnt it?

yeah marie blanc 4km at 12% at top pain in my arse, i hope its a wide road for me to swerve up

MTFU.

MTFU.

will those words come back to haunt you astra? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,062 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

MTFU.

...says the man who is selling his 53/39 due to girly knee syndrome. :pac:

Lumen wrote: »
    ...says the man who is selling his 53/39 due to girly knee syndrome. :pac:

Actually I decided not to, firstly because it looks cool, and secondly because I enjoy it more. I told the physio and he said.. when you come back I ll say to you "I told you so" :D I am going with the 39/27 on the Pyrenees.. bring on the pain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

I used 39/25 as my lowest gear yday. It is my preferred climbing gear. I find that it's excellent on long drags <5%. it's also fine on anything up go 10% for about 1km. Long climbs with min gradient >5% then I need more gearing options.
    34/28. There is one very steep climb on day 1. Two very long mid gradient climbs on day 2. Day three (which is stupidly hard) has 6 1 or HC climbs. Two of these are very steep. Day 4 starts with a 18km climb the last 6km are at 9% avg.
    Astra if you are going with the standard, stick a 29 on the back - campag do a 29. Also bring pain killers. If your knee explodes, ah well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

lennymc wrote: »
    13% is flat, isnt it?

Depending on how you look at it, then yes, it may appear to be flat.

ROK ON wrote: »
    Depending on how you look at it, then yes, it may appear to be flat.

Like the original Batman series when they tilted the camera in the baddies layer?

Good news peeps, we've changed over the ferry booking and despite bringing a bigger vehicle there's no extra charge.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Tourmalet Stage tomorrow. Hold on to your seat!!

im half afraid to watch!!

are they going up the tourmalet from east or west?

They're doing our day 2 and a bit of day 3

• Advertisement

profile-16.jpg

il be doing my recon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement