Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best/Cheapest way to advertise

Options
  • 05-09-2011 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭

I have one or two ideas for starting a small business and was wondering if anyone has any good and cheap ideas for advertising my services. I have little money so cant afford a lot. Got some quotes from leaflet distribution companies to deliever flyers for me but cant afford it really.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

lmahoney79 wrote: »
    I have one or two ideas for starting a small business and was wondering if anyone has any good and cheap ideas for advertising my services. I have little money so cant afford a lot. Got some quotes from leaflet distribution companies to deliever flyers for me but cant afford it really.
    I set up a Facebook page (not a false person account but a page) about 6 weeks before I opened my shop. Had over 200 people liking the page before we even opened. Worked, and still works for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

lmahoney79 wrote: »
    Got some quotes from leaflet distribution companies to deliever flyers for me but cant afford it really.
    Cheap printing at www.vistaprint.ie and deliver them yourself.

If advertising is costing you money then you are doing it wrong. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tangled

Lots of ways to get your name out there, but a lot would depend on the type of business you're setting up.

Social media - Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
    Blogging
    Press Releases
    Getting involved in local events
    Promotional gifts

Have a look at Enterprise Board courses coming up - they often have something like "Marketing on a shoestring" or similar that may be of help to you.

Advertisement