Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FETAC Accreditation / Training FAS / VEC / Partnerships

• 05-09-2011 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi All,

Hopefully somebody will be able to help me out or tell me I'm mad stop now! I'm a graduate of DIT MSc in Sales Management and am currently doing NUI Certificate in Training and Continuing Education. I'm looking initally at getting into training in the Public sector as well as getting FETAC registered as an individual (this is proving very difficult I've already been refused at step 1 because I don't have a website). Has anybody any experience in going about this.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭Further Ed.

I am not sure why you have been refused - it con't be because you don't have a website. If you are planning on registering as a FETAC centre (not as an individual which is not possible) then you should attend one of the FETAC briefings for private providers. They will advise you on the documentation you need to develop in order to be a FETAC approved centre, there are alot of changes to the existing format and they may also require a financial bond for new private provider applicants.

In terms of getting into the public sector if you are focusing on the VECs then you will need to be registered with the Teaching Council in order to get a job in a FETAC centre. If you are seeking contracts to deliver FETAC training then that is up to the individual VECs to determine the qualifications they require. As regards FAS you need to be on the FAS list of approved trainers, the closing date for the current panel was in August and once you are on the panel you can tender for FAS courses. However FAS is now coming under the control of the VECs and there may be changes in how they operate. There are less and less private providers awarded contracts by FAS and more in-house training.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Ants Murray

Hi Further Ed,

Thanks for the detailed response and the info. My issue is that I have no primary degree but completed the Masters in DIT through a Level 7 Sales Management course through FAS/DIT and exceptional entry based on my experience level. My other question is will I be able to register with the teaching council for "further education" only?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,810 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I think you will find you have to have a teaching qualification now. It used be the case that you could qualify as an FE teacher without a qualification, but not for new entrants.

Advertisement