Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to get to Loughlinstown or near by Dart?

Options
  • 05-09-2011 3:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

from Dublin City centre? Spent 57Euro return by taxi last year. Can anyone help me find a cheaper way? Going to St Colum Cilles hospital.
    Thanks
    Z

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

Its only a short walk from the last stop on the green line Luas (brides Glen)
    Alternativey the 145 bus will drop you outside and it is now very frequent during the day. It goes from heuston and goes down dolier st and nassau st if you plan on getting it from city centre..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭whitesands

Forget the dart, it would be a long walk. The 45 goes from merrion sq past it. http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/your-journey1/timetables/All-Timetables/45/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Freiheit

Oh thanks so the Luas goes near? didn't know that,is that the new Luas line? where would I get it from?.
    :)

Thanks also for bus link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Cathaoirleach

Freiheit wrote: »
    Oh thanks so the Luas goes near? didn't know that,is that the new Luas line? where would I get it from?.
    :)

Thanks also for bus link.

Get the green line from Stephen's Green to Cherrywood or Bride's Glen. It's about a 10 minute walk to the hospital (just ask someone for directions)

That's fab thanks!:)..had been dreading other 60Euro taxi trip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

This is where the last luas stops, you can zoom out and see the hospital on the right, not sure if there is a shortcut to it, otherwise you would have to go right out of the estate and onto the N11.

http://maps.google.ie/maps?q=luas+green+line&hl=en&ll=53.241873,-6.142371&spn=0.000907,0.002411&sll=53.24217,-6.141631&sspn=0.000907,0.002411&vpsrc=6&t=h&radius=0.06&z=19

Depending on where you are in town, and what time of day it is, you might be quicker overall on the 45 bus, since the luas takes a while itself, about 45mins last time I got it to town from that stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

€57 for a taxi from the city centre to Loughlinstown :eek:

I live in the area and it should cost €30 max. But anyhow, yes get the Green Line Luas from Stephens Green to the last stop, Brides Glen. Or The 145 and 45 buses from the city centre drop you straight outside the hospital as well.

€57 for a taxi from the city centre to Loughlinstown :eek:
    Bastards might have gone on the M50! whenever I want to go to the airport they are always trying to go the M50 way, though from town would be taking the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I imagine the cost was for a round trip

ted1 wrote: »
    I imagine the cost was for a round trip
    aha, I see he said "return" in the first post now.

• Advertisement

Thanks and will crossing the N11 be difficult? How long is the Luas trip,25 minutes or so? think I'd prefer that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,669 ✭✭✭storker

Thanks and will crossing the N11 be difficult? How long is the Luas trip,25 minutes or so? think I'd prefer that.

You shouldn't have to cross the N11 because the Luas and the hospital are on the same side. There is a pedestrian bridge over the N11 outside the hospital, in any case.

Stork

P.S. Is it just me, or does the old hospital building look a bit like Colditz Castle?

As said only crossing the N11 if you get the bus, as well as the bridge you can cross over the road as there is an island in the middle with a low barrier.

Luas is about 45mins from town, when it goes to sandyford it takes ages to get out to loughlinstown, goes all over the shop. I work in sandyford and it I think takes me less time to walk direct to sandyford than to walk to the luas, get it, and walk to work from the sandyford luas.

Also make sure you get off at the last stop and not the laughanstown stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Cathaoirleach

There is a small park that you can walk through to get down to the N11.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

145, quicker and cheaper than the Luas

• Registered Users Posts: 30,249 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

• Registered Users Posts: 17,719 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

LUAS will take about 40 minutes from St Stephen's Green.

Add about 10-15 minutes walk.

145 bus from Heuston Station via North Quays, D'Olier Street, Nassau Street, Kildare Street (every 10 minutes) will take about 40 minutes from D'Olier Street and leave you a 5 minute walk (max) over the footbridge.

145 fare = €2.30 each way (or €1.90 if you use a 10 journey Travel 90 ticket valid for 18 months costing €19)

LUAS fare = € 2.70 single and €5 return

Hi all just to say that I went by Luas and the return journey by bus. The Luas was torturous as I had to get off around half way and get another to cherrywood,which was itself about a 20 minute walk away,barely made it on time (not that I need have worried as delays in St Colm Cille were horrendous). The return journey was much easier,bus from the 'door'!....thats what I'll do from now on:)

Thanks all.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Dart to Dun laoghaire and feeder bus? 111

Very few 111's anymore. http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/your-journey1/timetables/all-timetables/111/

Could end up taking longer too than the bus too, since you have to wait for the bus and then it ends up at the Lough Inn stop.

• Advertisement
Advertisement