Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canyon Ultimate CF 8 owners...

• 05-09-2011 3:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Really want one of these... just getting the cash together.. just wondering what the consensus is..
    Tell me about your bike, likes and dislikes..:)
    Cheers..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭furiousox

Superb bike for the money.
    Very high spec and the frame is quite stiff.
    You might be better hanging on for the 2012 range or have a look in their 'outlet' section if you can't wait that long.
    Also make sure you get the right size frame.
    The onsite frame size calculator can be a bit off.
    It gauged my frame size as 52cm.
    I went with my 'normal' frame size of 54cm and it fits me perfectly.
    I'm glad I did too as I saw a 52cm in cycleogical (in for repair) and it was too small for me.

CPL 593H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭moggs1972

love my canyon, brilliant bike have no regrets about buying mine. super stiff, very light but very comfy on long rides. ill echo the comments made on sizing, i went for the 54cm, im 5' 11 but the online sizing thingy suggested a 56. glad i went for the 54 so get sized on a bike in local shop and then make up your mind. it might also be worth waiting for the 2012 bikes but you might have a long wait on the new models. only slight gripe is you are extremely limited on stems if you decide to change owing to the oversized steerer tube, you will most likely have to go thru canyon (which i did) to get another.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭dx22

I just got mine 2 days ago and i love it! (apart from the saddle i swapped it with the one my old bike- a selle italia one also but is more comfortable for me)

Very light and stiff but not a harsh ride at all like i have read on the net.

I would echo the comments about the sizing calculator- its useless, it recommended a 62 to me but i got the 60 and id say i could have even got a 58 perhaps, but 62 would have been too large

Best way to guage frame size is to find out what the combined stem and top tube lenght size that fits you best (from trying other bikes) and get the equivalent Canyon one to match. Of course there are other measurements one could consider like head tube and seat tube angle but top tube +stem lenght will give you there or there abouts and is certainly better than their calculator

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Fender76

Thanks guys, anyone want to post some pics?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭furiousox

163673.JPG

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭nitrogen

It might be different for the CF family, but a contact at Canyon told me the sizes for the Roadlite are a size up on more mainstream models. So a 60cm Roadlite would be a 58cm Trek.

I'm 185cm and I have a 60cm Roadlite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

moggs1972 wrote: »
    love my canyon, brilliant bike have no regrets about buying mine. super stiff, very light but very comfy on long rides. ill echo the comments made on sizing, i went for the 54cm, im 5' 11 but the online sizing thingy suggested a 56. glad i went for the 54 so get sized on a bike in local shop and then make up your mind. it might also be worth waiting for the 2012 bikes but you might have a long wait on the new models. only slight gripe is you are extremely limited on stems if you decide to change owing to the oversized steerer tube, you will most likely have to go thru canyon (which i did) to get another.

Moggs, I read a few superb reviews on various high end Canyons recently..All of them mentioned that inside of 1 month of purchase that they will exchange the stem for you FOC.

1. Happy Birthday!
    2.Stay away from the demon black stuff next weekend-it has scuttled your plans too many times this season!
    3.Enjoy De Rebel, boy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

Fender76 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Really want one of these... just getting the cash together.. just wondering what the consensus is..
    Tell me about your bike, likes and dislikes..:)
    Cheers..

Not too sure what height you are,Fender (I prefer Teles!!) but have a look at this...http://www.canyon.com/_uk/outlet/article.html?o=A1023111

Advertisement