Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice Shot

Options
  • 05-09-2011 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭

Don't know why but I just love this photo:D

file.php?id=4957

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

He obviously asked a forum full of feckless know-it-all kayakers about the best kayaking spot for that weekend.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Don't suppose there's any photos of what happened next??:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

Mickeroo wrote: »

Isn't it obvious...

He spent the rest of the session dropping in and hogging the waves!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Mickeroo wrote: »

I think it's photo shopped - come on who would be do stupind to paddle out behind him.

If it's real my money is on he got nailed boat split in two and took out all the other guys scurrying for the shoulder but most of them are spongers so I'd call that a good start ;-0

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭[Rasta]

definitely a fake one, but canoobs are rampant down in kerry, spotting more and more all the time!!! those buggers :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Low Pockets

[Quote=[Rasta];74227754]definitely a fake one, but canoobs are rampant down in kerry, spotting more and more all the time!!! those buggers :pac:[/Quote]

The video is on surfline

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭will3k

The video is on surfline

September Wedge

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

will3k wrote: »

He made it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Dunno how to attach image as on phone buy this pic is amazeballs!!

teahupo0_real.jpg

frAg

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭OldGuysRule

Ah the auld wedge, great fun wave, was there for an afternoon several years ago just swimming and body surfing. Massive crack, although sand in your hair and every where else for weeks afterwards!

• Advertisement

Ah the auld wedge, great fun wave, was there for an afternoon several years ago just swimming and body surfing. Massive crack, although sand in your hair and every where else for weeks afterwards!

It's a wave that's terrified me ever since I first saw a video of it, I do enjoy watching the spectacular wipeouts on youtube. Was it a big day when you were there man?

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭OldGuysRule

Most spots around the area were flat, but the wedge was about a five or six foot face just before its shoredump. Great crack alright, but the wave really does come out of nowhere.

First Irish(Portrush) photo of the day on MSW in a while!

465Bf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Carverkid

rodento wrote: »
    Don't know why but I just love this photo:D

file.php?id=4957

Thats a surf ski. They're really fast so he probably could have outrun that believe it or not! That or he just killed everyone behind him along with him self and ended up with that ski rammed up his nose. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭FlashD

^^^^He did make it, there's a video in all. Check the thread.

Great stuff from MSW :D

vwQJw.jpg

Advertisement