Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interesting Track

Options
  • 05-09-2011 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭

It be nice if it was mid week and with some light offshores for a change

Last decent one was august bank hol, many moons ago:(

144616W5_NL_sm.gif

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yea they were all excited about this one on MSW saying it could be the storm of the season. On winduru it's looking like we'll be getting some very big swell over the next 7 days but with the usual howling westerlies I'm afraid :(

It's very rare their long range forecast sticks though so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

That will take about another week to hit, wind guru is showing 6m with light offshores:D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

rodento wrote: »
    That will take about another week to hit, wind guru is showing 6m with light offshores:D

Right you are! Southerly winds, Will be doing some local exploring that day I think, have a few places where I've been wondering if they'll have a wave on a big day like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

You're all jinxing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Brandog

Glad the summer of flatness is over.Katia is lookin likely for early to mid next week!!!Got out on fri evening last with some nice overheads til dark!Got dumped on the reef gettin out though and me arse is a bit worse off for it.Welcome back autumn and the swells you bring!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Kind of reminded of massive winter storms looking at wind guru at mo, if those swells hit, it'll play havoc on my favourite sand bars & beachs

Looks like a direct hit on monday/tuesday

With something likely to follow a week later...

173558.gif

Looking promising alright. What site you get these charts fom rodent?

That graph is the us navy WAM chart, its a site you should grow to love

https://www.fnmoc.navy.mil/wxmap_cgi/cgi-bin/wxmap_DOD_area.cgi?area=ngp_atlantic&set=SeaState

The other one is the hurricane centre, great for tracking storms, gives you a weeks notice and a chance to plan leave with work, if winds play ball

Would love to rack up and watch the waves in some spots when that swell hits

Need to looking into booking a few days:eek:

post-1-1317334158.gif

• Advertisement

Hope the wind is a bit more accomodating this time!

Clare looking interesting at mo

Some great logging conditions in achill the last couple of days :D

Advertisement