Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tauranga

Options
  • 05-09-2011 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Im originally from New Zealand and am thinking of moving back after coming here when i was 10 back in 2000. Im from Invercargill and to be honest am sick of the Irish weather and Invercargill isn't to much better! So was thinking of moving to the warmer north east, probly the Papamoa/Mt Maunganui area of Tauranga.

Anyone live there? whats it like? As far as i know the weather is great? Im an EMT so would love to get a job in the emergency services hopefully the Fire Service.

Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭pclancy

Its typical small-town rural New Zealand though a lot warmer then you probably suffered down in Southland as a kid :) Some cool bars and stuff but I didnt stay there long enough to do much except eat and drink. Been a good bit of gang related stuff in the news relating to up there of late but i don't think its too bad. If I could get work up there i would move but plan on staying in Welly for the foreseeable future.

If you end up down here give Wellington Free Amulance a shout they're always looking for staff :)

Advertisement