Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Security Issues a-gain

• 05-09-2011 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭

I received a log on my desktop this morning outlining a bug report from Java that "exception access violation had occurred and been detected in native code outside the virtual machine"

I've had a lot of security issues recently that have just been resolved so as a precaution, I rebooted in safe mode and ran a full malwarebytes scan that reported no threats.

However, when I went to run a Security Essentials scan, it reported that my computer was at risk as realtime protection had been turned off. It wouldnt turn back on so, I uninstalled and reinstalled MSE in normal mode (it wouldnt allow me in safemode). Performed a quick scan after reinstalling and said everything was fine.

To double check, I went back into safemode where MSE still says realtime protection is not running but I now also have alerts from the action centre saying Windows Security Centre has been switched off and 'can't be started' when I try to get it running -what's going on!?

And is there any correlation with the Java bug and these security issues or just coincidence!?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

I'm pretty sure you can't turn on MSE real-time in safe mode.

You can just run the scanners.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

No apparently not, thank you. I still have no idea what the Java bug report on my desktop is about though. To my knowledge the app hadn't crashed and nothing untoward had happened whilst using it so was surprised to see it there

Advertisement