Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

installing sliding doors

• 05-09-2011 5:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭

I'm getting sliding doors to put in my sitting room to the garden. There's a window there at the moment that is wider than the doors will be. just wondering if someone could give me a rough figure of how much this would cost?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

phily2002 wrote: »
    I'm getting sliding doors to put in my sitting room to the garden. There's a window there at the moment that is wider than the doors will be. just wondering if someone could give me a rough figure of how much this would cost?

Why not go for french doors instead??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭phily2002

I'm getting the doors from a relative who's getting an extension done, so doesn't need these ones. I'd love to get french doors in but funds are tight at the moment :)

phily2002 wrote: »
    I'm getting the doors from a relative who's getting an extension done, so doesn't need these ones. I'd love to get french doors in but funds are tight at the moment :)

Anything thats free is good in my books.

Fair play.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

You will have to knock-out the window, and the wall underneath, then stand in the door. as the opening is wider, than the door, the difference would be made up by block, then the opening made good, plastered internally, and externally.
    Probably a days work for 2 men, so 3/400 depending on if they are friends or not, about 50 for materials
    Best of luck.

Possibly a new reinforced lintel too (depending on size of window to size of sliding doors)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭phily2002

cheers guys appreciate it!

Advertisement