Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hwvs I need to RMA!

Options
  • 05-09-2011 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭

As many of ye might know I recently ordered bits to build a computer from hwvs. Everything is working great so far but for one thing. I ordered an Antec 920 cooler which I only got around to installing today because I was tired after I built my pc and left it for later. Anyway, it turned out the cooler didn't fit the 1155 socket (only has holes for 775, 1366 and 1156). I tried different things but the holes won't align on my mobo and so I guess I'll need to return the cooler to hwvs.
    Oh the website it says it fits 1155: http://www2.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=49527&agid=669
    But what I got doesn't. So I guess i'm entitled for a refund or something...

Also lately I've been thinking of fitting a different cooler as that cooler is too big and although it'll be a tight fit, my case really doesn't have enough space left and I'ld rather get something smaller. Should have gone for a bigger case! Cable management is a nightmare in this thing!! Probably something next year I'll upgrade to a bigger case.

Anyway. So here's my problem.
    1. I need to return the cooler as it doesn't fit on my mobo.
    2. I don't really want that cooler as its quite a hassle to fit and would prefer something else.

So can ye guys help me out as to how I send this cooler back to HWVS and get a refund or maybe exchange it for another cooler.

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Anyway, it turned out the cooler didn't fit the 1155 socket (only has holes for 775, 1366 and 1156). I tried different things but the holes won't align on my mobo and so I guess I'll need to return the cooler to hwvs.

1156 and 1155 have the same alignment..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Well I tried a many things and the holes don't match up... :(
    Maybe I wasn't installing it properly too...

Also I could do with a smaller cooler...

Anyway, can I return the cooler to HWVS cuz I don't think I want it or am I stuck with it??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Same situation only my motherboard has faulty memory slots, two nearest the CPU aren't working so am sending back the mobo(AsRock z68 Extreme 4) for a replacement. Everything else worked perfectly, and both outer slots worked, either with 1 or 2 sticks in.

Trying to find an English speaker on the phone was annoying though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

@af_thefragile: You're doing it wrong. LGA 1156 and 1155 have the *exact* same mounting holes for coolers. PM me if you want somebody to cast an eye over it.

@af_thefragile: You're doing it wrong. LGA 1156 and 1155 have the *exact* same mounting holes for coolers. PM me if you want somebody to cast an eye over it.

I think I was using the wrong mounting plate or something then... Like the top mounting plate, over the cpu, has these little nuts you fit in and I think I was fitting in the wrong ones...

Anyway, if I wish to return the cooler for another can I do so??
    There is barely any space in my case to fit that cuz of the massive 3 slot GPU i have installed in there...

If not I guess I'll just keep it till I upgrade to a bigger case (should do it sometime next year probably) as this current case is really a little too small for my needs and is very messy. Certainly won't be overclocking in there. So for now I'll get some smaller cooler and then when I get my bigger case, I can probably fit the big Antec cooler in there...

Or if someday I'm feeling ambitious, I might try shoehorning in the Antec cooler in this case too...

Right now with the stock intel cooler I'm getting max temps of 50c which is good enough for me although I haven't really stressed the system yet.

• Advertisement

Anyway, if I wish to return the cooler for another can I do so??
    There is that 10-day cooling off period, where you can return anything bought online without reason (or for any reason, including change of mind).
    Not sure what the situation is if it's been opened. I presume if you can package it up back to the same way you received then it will be fine. This isn't an RMA by the way. It has to be defective for an RMA, so you will probably have to pay for delivery back to HWVS.
    There is barely any space in my case to fit that cuz of the massive 3 slot GPU i have installed in there...

Protip: Install cooler then GPU.

DO you know how I can do that. I got my PC on wednesday, so I think I have a few days before I can return it.

The box wasn't sealed or anything so I put back everything the way it came. Except for the back plate has these things on it which stick to the back of the mobo. I did cover them back up though...

DO you know how I can do that. I got my PC on wednesday, so I think I have a few days before I can return it.
    Drop them an email or phone call.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 abk

The box wasn't sealed or anything so I put back everything the way it came. Except for the back plate has these things on it which stick to the back of the mobo. I did cover them back up though...

You need to drop them an email to various addresses for them to respond. From my experience with them, anything that costs less than €40, you will have to take care of the postage but anything above that they will refund you the postage or ask you to print a UPS label and ship it to them at no cost to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

you'll have to cover postage to them so it probably won't be worth it. where are you located? I'm sure someone will be able to help you out.

• Advertisement

Nope dont need to rma anymore. I tried fitting the cooler again yesterday and i managed to install it fine! You can check out the pics of the final build in the pc pics thread...

Advertisement