Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painting Fibreglass

• 05-09-2011 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have a fibreglass body dog trailer that is starting to look a bit dull and shabby with a few scratches on the surface. I would like to give it an overhaul and was hoping to get any advice you guys might have on the best way to prepare and paint and the best type of paint to use on fibreglass.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Its hard to paint fibreglass with conventional paint, if the surface is really bad and chalky, it might be best to give the whole thing a good soda blasting and spray a gelcoat finish on to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭FREDNISMO

Apply a coat of Zinsser B-I-N primer then your finish coat on top

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

International Toplac.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

On my boats I use two pack primer and like Billy said international Toplac. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭LetFly

Thanks to you all for the advice. I will definitely do a primer and the International Toplac.

Thanks again for the help. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement