Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sabati rifle action

Options
  • 05-09-2011 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

anyone here know anything both sabati rifles actions
    are they a good action to build on for a project..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

anyone here know anything both sabati rifles actions
    are they a good action to build on for a project..

They would not be my cup of tea, cheaply made.

Remington,Howa,Sako, Savage amongst others are better for building on.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I don't know of any custom builds using a Sabatti action, but i have seen and fired a few in .243 and .223 cal. They are a great rifle and the action is smooth and crisp.

There would be no reason not to use one to build a rifle around, but if it was a case of buying a Sabatti rifle to use the action or simply buying the action on it's own then there are better options available as outlined above.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

A cheap rifle i used to see on dealers shelves was zastava , they used a mauser 98 action of different sizes for different calibres, they were the same as interarms mausers and were used to build the parker hale, midland,rigby rifles in the uk, they seemed very solidly built.

http://www.zastava-arms.rs/cms/index.php?id=230

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

The Zastavas have a great reputation, and being cheap as chips where they can be found, make brilliant actions for project guns.

I seen a new one on a dealers shelf so someone is bringing them in , the blueing was excellent i remember, it was a .243 and less then €500 brand new.
    A fact i didn't realize is zastava built some of the lesser remington models.

http://www.chuckhawks.com/remington_798_799_rifles.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

If you find out who it is, let me know. I mailed them before but got no response when asking whether they had a dealer here.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭like to hunt

did they not build the medalist for browning..

rifle action looks strong..dont know grade of steel yet but cant be that bad.

and alot cheaper than above ones..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

If money is the problem you could do like poulo who found an old sako rifle in poor condition for feck all money and built a custom rifle around the action, the problem with a sabatti action is that it will be expensive enough to build a custom rifle around it as it will have no aftermarket parts so everything will have to be custom made,
    What sort of rifle are you planning on building, or is it just a new barrel you want to put on it? Is it for hunting or target and what calibre and then maybe we could help you more

dose anyone know where there is a cheep sako action..

sabati 243 action.. 1oo g.b.p

sako??
    rem??
    howa??

Maybe ring around the dealers and ask if they have anything with a shot out barrel in stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Ghost.

Does anyone know if sabatti and mercury the same rifle? Sabatti mercury rifle keeps poping up when I search them.
    I was reading a review of the mercury 870 and it seems like a good enough rifle, plenty accurate too. So if sabatti are the same bunch they would be good value.

they seam to make alot of gun parts for other makers..

yes and the mercury as said on the web.

they seam to make alot of gun parts for other makers..

yes and the mercury as said on the web.

What sort of rifle do you want to build ? Target, tacticool, hunting ?

sabatti 270 action
    tikka 243 v.barrel mabe get fluted
    homemade stock. lego v.good for model

The sabatti action is for a long round and the .243 is a short round which is a bit of a waste , why not use the full length of the action and use something like the .25 06.

Advertisement