Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DT365 Business and Management year 2

Options
  • 05-09-2011 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Can anyone give me a rough idea how many hours a week this course will have? I have a choice between this and a course in nuim.

The timetables are up for this course but impossible to make out. So anyone who's done year 2 of this course, I'd love to know how many hours a week you had?

I need to know asap...

Thanks,
    Jason

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

I just finished year 1 of the course, going into year 2 (can't recommend it enough btw).

Anyway, last year we had 13 or 15 hours a week, depending on the week, and I know that this year we have less hours.

I did up my own timetable for the course (well Group B of the course) for the guys in my group because I seem to be the only one who can make some kind of sense of the webtimetables system.

Here's a link to it.

As you can see, for example, there is two "Information Management" lecturers scheduled for Thursday. You will only have one, but the groups are further divided for this because they are tutorials.

From what I can gather, it's looking like it'll be 12 hours one week, 14 the next (tutorials are fortnightly).

Hope that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Jasonsc

Excellent, thanks a lot I really appreciate it.

Yeah, I couldn't make head nor tail of the timetable either, but yours is nicely done cheers.

I wonder if you could shed some light on another matter for me. I hear that the year is going to be split into three groups because of the size (A,B,C I assume).
    Was it like this for you last year? If so, is it split up as in they take the first 7 or 8 letters of the alphabet then anyone with that second name is in group A, then so on for group B and c? Or is it arranged differently?

Thanks for your help really appreciate it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Jasonsc wrote: »
    Excellent, thanks a lot I really appreciate it.

Yeah, I couldn't make head nor tail of the timetable either, but yours is nicely done cheers.

I wonder if you could shed some light on another matter for me. I hear that the year is going to be split into three groups because of the size (A,B,C I assume).
    Was it like this for you last year? If so, is it split up as in they take the first 7 or 8 letters of the alphabet then anyone with that second name is in group A, then so on for group B and c? Or is it arranged differently?

Thanks for your help really appreciate it.

Not a problem at all, happy to help.

Yeah you have the group system down exactly. Surnames beginning with A to about H are group A, I to about O are group B and then P onwards is group C

The Tutorial groups are further divided again: A - U and V, B - W and X and C - Z and Y.

So for example, my course code this year is DT365/2BX.

There was about 150 in DT365/1 last year, so the groups were of about 50. I'm guessing that 365/2 will have less than that because of failures, drop outs, transfers etc., so the class sizes are nice and small.

Any other Q's feel free to ask, as I said, only too happy to help!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Jasonsc

Thanks for the info much appreciated.

Advertisement