Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk man and more

• 05-09-2011 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Has anyone seen the new milk man and more service in around the shannon area? I noticed it recently on facebook with a special offer of 6 2 litres of milk delivered to your door dates & time picked for you for €10. Now i think this is really good value i wouldnt use that much milk myself at the moment so im splitting the order with my neighbour. He also has 27 thick slices of ham for €4.75 again i think this is great value for my family he also advised me that he is looking into bread as well at the moment. ill put the link to the main page below as there are many more products available. anyone that needs to pop to the shop during the week for milk ect should look into his services he is very helpfull, friendly and delivered to your door. support local guys.

Here is a link to his facebook page
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001800278811

main page
    http://www.milkmanandmore.ie/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

This sounds good Cookie but do you know if the milk has the "National Dairy Council" logo on it?

I ask this as I've noticed that some of the cheaper milk on the market comes from Northern Ireland. I'd have no difficulty supporting this business if he in turn is supporting Irish farmers.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭cookie82

MrsD007 wrote: »
    This sounds good Cookie but do you know if the milk has the "National Dairy Council" logo on it?

I ask this as I've noticed that some of the cheaper milk on the market comes from Northern Ireland. I'd have no difficulty supporting this business if he in turn is supporting Irish farmers.

just copied this from the home page

Premium Quality Irish milk, cream and buttermilk, farmed in the Republic of Ireland and bottled by National Dairy Council member Donegal Creameries, especially for Glen Dairies Milkman & More.

im getting my first delivery tomorrow and give you some my opinion on the quality. I have to say though its very appealing having it delivered and the price of the ham im really happy with, id nearly need a pig in my house the way they go through it!!!! He's a really nice man drove out to me the other day just to give me a menu couldn't have asked for more.

cookie82 wrote: »
    just copied this from the home page

Premium Quality Irish milk, cream and buttermilk, farmed in the Republic of Ireland and bottled by National Dairy Council member Donegal Creameries, especially for Glen Dairies Milkman & More.

That's fantastic! I wish him well with his business.

just received my milk etc have to say I'm happy. the ham is good thick slices not see through!! cheese also good thick slices. Also bough some mini milk cartons for my daughter and she has gulped it down delighted with herself. will definitely be an ongoing customer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Glen is sound, best wishes to the man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

When I saw the title of the thread this image immediately came to mind.

tumblr_lj52ixmZ3G1qdgm48o1_500.png

When I saw the title of the thread this image immediately came to mind.
    I was thinking more on the lines of this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭minnow

Good to see local businesses getting support. We need more of that.

Am loving the pictures. we all need to support small local businesses because they are the ones that really struggle in the recession

Advertisement