Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How the F*** do you Open a Staplegun?

• 05-09-2011 6:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,954 ✭✭✭✭

This bastard:

6116529213_4fc065ce08_z.jpg

Its a generic Lidl thing from years ago so I have no instructions, everything online tels you to push in the bit in the bottom right there and it will slide out to let you load your staples but it doesnt seem to be designed to come out!

It catches on something when you push it in so its obviously meant to slide out and there are no other openings on the stapler where you could load them but the hole on the back is too small for it to slide out of, as you can see here, theres either the black plastic at the top or the metal hook at the bottom to stop it coming out:

6117107806_4a038dbf19_z.jpg

6117108984_1f2afcb5fe_z.jpg

I cant rotate it from side to side either, help please.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

I bought one of these a long time back and you've described properly!
    Bend down that hook at the very bottom a bit with a pliers and it should then shoot out. I think you slide it in and push it up to secure it again after loading.
    I bought mine to tack a small cable and it was complete sh1te. Fcuked it in a skip on the site before I went home that evening!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,954 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Exactly what I needed to do Sean thanks for that.

Yeah it does seem to be a bit of a piece of sh1t to be honest, my fathers one is a 20-30 year old block of rust and it seems to drive them way further into the wood than this, think Im just going to use some tacks, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

I think I had one of these..

Apparantly you should push the silver thing at the back

Push it IN and DOWN at the same time..

this should realease the staple holder part

I also threw mine away as it was so bad, I did get it loaded with staples but then it was crap and would hardly staple into paper..

Advertisement