Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many Olde Worlde Sweete shops does Kilkenny need?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pueblo

approx. 3.5

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Formosa

Rantan wrote: »
    old mr mooney used to scare the sh1te out of me!! What a cranky auld lad he was - I'd love to see his style of customer service back again:)

My mother and her family used refer to him as "Meanie Mooney"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

What I would like to see instead of these extortionate faux olde worlde sweet shops is some genuine old school Irish shops.

You know the ones where you can go in and buy a home made apple tart, a packet of rawl plugs, forty major and a toy truck for the young fellah.

...And you can't get your choc-ice out of the chest freezer cause there's a sheepdog asleep on it.

I think that would do well in town tbh. PROPER!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

You'd miss Jim Garvin.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

You'd miss Jim Garvin.

I remember going in there many years ago in primary school. We'd ask for some quare sweets down the bottom shelf. He'd take hours getting them and we'd sneak a look at page 3 in The Sun.

I remember a few other times where he used to sit in the kitchen finishing off his lunch while we were waiting to get served. We'd easily have been there for 3 or 4 minutes standing at the counter.

Another time I got barred because I asked for strawberry sweets and then said I didn't want them and wanted something else instead. Bit harsh considering I was only 9 at the time ha ha.

Those were the days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

fabbydabby wrote: »
    What I would like to see instead of these extortionate faux olde worlde sweet shops is some genuine old school Irish shops.

You know the ones where you can go in and buy a home made apple tart, a packet of rawl plugs, forty major and a toy truck for the young fellah.

...And you can't get your choc-ice out of the chest freezer cause there's a sheepdog asleep on it.

I think that would do well in town tbh. PROPER!

Heaslips in Knocktopher!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

Jim Garvan, forever having his soup.

The auld bollocks.

Advertisement