Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SealSkinz Stockists

• 05-09-2011 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hi,

In light of today's beautiful weather , does anyone know of a sealskinz stockists in Dublin?

DOC

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I think Halfords do them.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭doc1976

Jaysus, 33 bob for a pair of socks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

got mine in chainreaction cant remember what i paid ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,796 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

€33 for 1 pair, really? Are they worth it? I suppose if they work they mean you can head out during really bad days when I for one would sit it out, but I never sit it out just because my feet will get wet.

Seems very expensive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

The Great Outdoors off Grafton Street in Dublin do them.
    They are
    (1) pricey,
    (2) not the most comfortable sock that you will wear,
    (3) not waterproof.

Rather they slow the time it takes for your feet to get wet, and once wet they keep your feet warm.
    I wore mine under a with overshoes covering my feet on a cycle yday, and I was wet after 5 minutes.
    To really be effective you need a combo of overshoes, sealskinz (or cling film) and mudguards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

yeah not great at keeping the little piggies warm i would ware a pere of cycling socks under them that works great so far my feet are nice and warm/ dry.might be better off looking at a good pair of overshoes.and seal up the hole in your cycling shoes ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭doc1976

ROK ON wrote: »
    The Great Outdoors off Grafton Street in Dublin do them.
    They are
    (3) not waterproof.

If there not waterproof, why are they claiming they are? False advertising!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

doc1976 wrote: »
    If there not waterproof, why are they claiming they are? False advertising!!
    I dont know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I'd say water resistant more so than water proof, your feet will eventually get wet but you won't really notice until you take them off as they remain toasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭godihatedehills

I think they're brilliant.

• Advertisement
Advertisement