Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yildiz ShotGuns??

Options
  • 05-09-2011 7:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

hi lads, just said id open this to see what experiences you have of them or opinions?? bought one at a very good price only recently and cant fault it at all, any other yildiz owners out there? mines a 12 gauge over under, some lads dont rate them too much but after using my own i cant fault it at all,,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭session savage

The brother had one. I though it was a lovely gun for the price he paid. then again I know nothing about shotty's so my opinion may not be worth anything :o

either way enjoy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭arrowloopboy

If Lidl did shotguns:D.
    Baikal is rougher looking ,but it won't let you down unlike a Yildiz.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mixerbarcoe

i have one for the last 4 years now and cant fault it..

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭marksman9999

bought one for 450 4 years ago!! never let me down unlike a much more expensive gun which i'd never buy again. nice light gun you can carry all day. not much good for clays as it is so like.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭kermitpwee

For what they are there good. Light game guns for rough shooting. Nice timber for the money as Turkey has the finest of wood on site. The early ones broke firing pins and springs but that is sorted now. Shot them in 12 and 20 bore, a little more recoil than some guns but recoil is well acceptable. The modern Baikal is very overated imo when you see how well the older guns were made. I have seen a few Yildiz that were shot loose by lads shooting alphamax rounds for foxes thru them. They are an ergal action like a Beretta ultralite and are not designed for heavy ammo. I would recommend them to anyone on a budget.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭kenneths

myself and the brother have one each.

i have put about 1400 cartridges through it including 50ish alphamax BB
    brother has over 2000 shot

great gun and never a bother with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 KenOffally

nice to hear some first hand experience there lads, ive heard some lads dogging them but when you ask them they dont actually own one themselves,, for the price of them i reckon they are a great buy, and ill be recomending them to anyone that asks,,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭lb1981

Me da had the s/s, nice gun to throw up very light and comfortable to hold but it was a terrible gun mechanically , constant miss fires , firing pins breaking,ejectors seizing, the steel is poor quality and has poor finishing and rusts very easy.It broke his heart for the season, noting worse when a bird gets up and click not bang.
    To be honest i would rather go with a old good quality gun for the same money then buy a yildiz.

hi 1981,,
    just out of interest what age is the rifle in question? is it one of the earlier models?? as someone said before they have rectified some of the early flaws,,

KenOffally wrote: »
    hi 1981,,
    just out of interest what age is the rifle in question? is it one of the earlier models?? as someone said before they have rectified some of the early flaws,,
    It was a side by side shotgun not a rifle,he had it 2 seasons ago and it was new so I would imagine it was a new enough model.

• Advertisement

sorry yeah meant shotgun,, maybe the side by side are different but i doubt it, maybe you were unlucky?? it features few nice bits like the titanium insert around the firing pins, selective ejectors, single selective trigger,, you would pay an awful lot more for a beretta or browning that might not even have that spec,, saying that I am not comparing the yildiz to these guns, but i really think they are exceptional value for money..;)

sorry yeah meant shotgun,, maybe the side by side are different but i doubt it, maybe you were unlucky?? it features few nice bits like the titanium insert around the firing pins, selective ejectors, single selective trigger,, you would pay an awful lot more for a beretta or browning that might not even have that spec,, saying that I am not comparing the yildiz to these guns, but i really think they are exceptional value for money..;)
    it was a nice looking side by side and did have all the bells and whistles on it al-right but the mechanics were a big let down ,even the finish on the bores were poor but if they have overcome them problems then fair play it is a cheap gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Luck shouldn't feature for mass produced products, either they're good or they're crap.

mass produced items are all about the chance you take of getting a bad one;) simple principle - the more thats manufactured the more that may be faulty ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

mass produced items are all about the chance you take of getting a bad one;) simple principle - the more thats manufactured the more that may be faulty ;)

Quality manufacturing is about reducing faults to parts per million.
    3 friends of mine bought cheap Turkish guns and all had faults..........

well anyone i know personally that has one has not had a problem at all, surpised at the amount of yildiz owners,, didnt know about them till i bought this one, wouldnt bother paying over a grand for a gun just for a name, not the way things are the last few yrs with work and all, others may have berrettas and brownings and fair play to them but I reckon my yildiz for 400 quid will shoot as well for what i want it for as any beretta or browning,, every man has his own needs and expectations from his gun and mine are met more than well with my Yildiz,, before i bought it i went looking at a Beretta Silver Pigeon and i couldnt justify paying 3 times the price for the beretta,,,

If you get a bad one you can bet your bollox that every part in that batch is bad,that is what happens when the die ,mould or tooling is worn or like the part its making sub stander .
    In countries like India, Turkey and China they are producing machines now that are copied from Old European ones, they might look a bit like them but the build quality is not there and the materials that go into making the machines are of poor quality.
    So if you start off with a machine that is substandard and you want to mass produce parts on it then you are on the back foot already.
    These "up and coming countries" dont have the same standards in quality testing for batches of products ,were in Europe lets just say you might have .01mm of a tolerance on the upper and lower limit of the part with a high grade finish and if that is not met the parts are scraped ,that does not happen in these other countries.I have came across parts in some machines that would be .50mm above or below the size required, might not seem that much but it can really **** you up when you are trying to assemble a gearbox or highly complex drive.
    Think really stay away from anything made in these countries for another 10 years because the technology is just not there yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Lumar, Fabarm, Bettinsoli are all to be had for the €400 mark second hand.
    And are nicer guns to shoot IMHO

well anyone i know personally that has one has not had a problem at all, surpised at the amount of yildiz owners,, didnt know about them till i bought this one, wouldnt bother paying over a grand for a gun just for a name, not the way things are the last few yrs with work and all, others may have berrettas and brownings and fair play to them but I reckon my yildiz for 400 quid will shoot as well for what i want it for as any beretta or browning,, every man has his own needs and expectations from his gun and mine are met more than well with my Yildiz,, before i bought it i went looking at a Beretta Silver Pigeon and i couldnt justify paying 3 times the price for the beretta,,,
    You get a second hand peach of Fabram semi for 400 that would be still going after you have kicked the bucket.

Lumar, Fabarm, Bettinsoli are all to be had for the €400 mark second hand.
    And are nicer guns to shoot IMHO
    Just bet me to that , have to say there is super value now on second hand guns around the place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

I have removed an abusive post.

Please keep conversation in here civil folks. There is no need for name calling over a difference of opinion.

im an engineer myself so thanks for the lesson there but I think I know enough about tolerances and limits, maybe more than you,,maybe few years ago these guns amy have had faulty parts but not now so much,, to be honest there are lot lads on this forum who like to dog peoples equipment, ive come across it on various different forums but this one is the best biggrin.gif maybe someones just a tad sick that they went on the "experts advice" and bought the older "great gun" when they could of had a yildiz biggrin.gif
    compare say to skoda cars, they were pure heaps of scrap during the 90's and anyone that had one will admit it, but these days they are basically a volswagen in differnt badgeing wink.gif
    think il go out for few shots now,, hope it doesnt fall apart on me now, really worried now after all the expert advice here NOT rolleyes.gif

Also i only asked for opinions from Yildiz owners themselves , thanks
    I guess some lads just like to get their post numbers up,, suppose as i was once told "you have to listen to thunder"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

you asked the question about quality, you have to be able to take both sides of the argument, i had a friend who had trouble with firing pins in his yildiz so i wouldnt buy one, if i wanted a cheap gun i'd go for bettinsoli or lanber, they are nice looking guns and havent heard many bad stories about them yet, but i have an old bsa sxs that my father gave me a few years ago when he bought a beretta, he bought it 2nd hand 40 years ago so god only knows how old it is and never once had any trouble with it, still mechanically perfect but the stock is scratched to bits, you cant beat quality craftsman ship, if i do trade it it will be for a beretta, i love my fathers gun and it fits me perfect, and you very rarely hear of them giving trouble, i've come across 2nd hand 686's for 600 euro and 687's for less than a grand, which would be money well spent as they would be easy sell in the future again if you ever had to get rid of them

ormondprop wrote: »
    you asked the question about quality, you have to be able to take both sides of the argument, i had a friend who had trouble with firing pins in his yildiz so i wouldnt buy one, if i wanted a cheap gun i'd go for bettinsoli or lanber, they are nice looking guns and havent heard many bad stories about them yet, but i have an old bsa sxs that my father gave me a few years ago when he bought a beretta, he bought it 2nd hand 40 years ago so god only knows how old it is and never once had any trouble with it, still mechanically perfect but the stock is scratched to bits, you cant beat quality craftsman ship, if i do trade it it will be for a beretta, i love my fathers gun and it fits me perfect, and you very rarely hear of them giving trouble, i've come across 2nd hand 686's for 600 euro and 687's for less than a grand, which would be money well spent as they would be easy sell in the future again if you ever had to get rid of them
    have a look at the first thread?? ;) Yildiz Owners ;) you are not,, thanks for the comment but not wanted really, just looking for lads with first hand experience ;)

Ken you don't get to pick and choose who replies to a thread. That's back seat modding as outlined in the charter.

You're walking a very fine line, especially with re-posting the last post with slight edits.

If you wish to discuss the moderation of this send me a PM. Do not do it on thread.

Now anyone else who wants to, feel free to discuss your experience of yildiz shotguns.

im an engineer myself so thanks for the lesson there but I think I know enough about tolerances and limits, maybe more than you,,maybe few years ago these guns amy have had faulty parts but not now so much,, to be honest there are lot of d**kheads on this forum who love to dog peoples equipment, ive come across it on various different forums but this one is the best :D maybe someones just a tad sick that they went on the "experts advice" and bought the older "great gun" when they could of had a yildiz :D
    compare say to skoda cars, they were pure heaps of scrap during the 90's and anyone that had one will admit it, but these days they are basically a volswagen in differnt badgeing ;)
    think il go out for few shots now,, hope it doesnt fall apart on me now, really worried now after all the expert advice here NOT :rolleyes:
    This has noting to do with snobbery as i said earlier in the thread you get one of these and it works for you then fair play, but you asked what peoples opinions are of the gun and i think lads have been very honest here some are saying they are great and some are saying they are not so good,me personally im on the not so good list as my experiences with them have been terrible.
    If you start a thread like this you have to expect people to get on and slate a product if they had a bad experience with it.
    Your point about the skoda they would be still pieces of **** if a german company hadnt of came in and started to mass produce them and seat.
    See with Ylidiz they are being made in turkey with turk machines and turk steel with a Turkish Qa department and they are were skoda was in the 90's that is why im saying give it 10 years.Until they get a bigger company on board they will struggle to get a consistent build quality.For every 10 batches of good quality they might send out one bad one and chance it.
    By the way i have no time for Berretta guns i think they are living on the badge name and have let themselves slip big time.
    Im not on this to give anybody a lesson in limits and fits im just sharing my experiences as a lot of people read these threads looking to pick up bits of info that might be helpful, that is whole point of it.

P.s im not getting into a pissing contest but i do know my stuff when it come to machines and build quality, i have a lot of world wide experiences,I personally feel if money is tight and you want something that will last, stick wit European it is the safest bet.

KenOffaly banned for a week for continuous charter breaches despite multiple warnings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭kermitpwee

I posted earlier in the thread saying that I found the yildiz good for the money. I have heard of bad ones and there were problems with the firing pins. If a man is looking for a new gun then there good for the money. With the way the second hand market is gone you will get a better 2nd hand gun for the money.

I think it was Kenoffally that was comparing them to berettas and the like. You can't do that when you know in your heart and soul that they are leagues apart. I have bought shotguns for 2000 euro and for 250euro so I know both ends of the scale. There is no way that a Yildiz is of the same quality as the main brands but there decent and if I was on a budget I would buy one if I couldn't get a beretta or browning etc.

I have had a fabarm and seen a few and wouldn't rate them that highly as a lot have become very loose quickly. In saying that I could hit woodcock to beat the band with it:D
    I suppose attacking a mans choice of gun is like attacking his dog!

kermitpwee wrote: »
    I posted earlier in the thread saying that I found the yildiz good for the money. I have heard of bad ones and there were problems with the firing pins. If a man is looking for a new gun then there good for the money. With the way the second hand market is gone you will get a better 2nd hand gun for the money.

I think it was Kenoffally that was comparing them to berettas and the like. You can't do that when you know in your heart and soul that they are leagues apart. I have bought shotguns for 2000 euro and for 250euro so I know both ends of the scale. There is no way that a Yildiz is of the same quality as the main brands but there decent and if I was on a budget I would buy one if I couldn't get a beretta or browning etc.

I have had a fabarm and seen a few and wouldn't rate them that highly as a lot have become very loose quickly. In saying that I could hit woodcock to beat the band with it:D
    I suppose attacking a mans choice of gun is like attacking his dog!
    The problem was he asked peoples opinion on the guns and when he didnt like what he heard he started to abuse them.The whole point of a forum is to get a bit of conversation going and have a bit of banter not be a nazi when you dont like what you hear.There are plenty of topics on here that i havnt posted on but by reading through them i have picked up good advice.
    Your first paragraph sumed up the guns perfectly.
    Your right about the Fabarm the old ones would get a bit loose but they reckon that they have the best gun making machines in the world now:eek:
    The Yildiz my da had was a nightmare the amount of times in that season when a bird got up on his side of the ditch and you would just hear click followed by you ****ing ****.That gun was back in the gun smiths 3 times during the season and it something different broke each time. I just wouldnt like that to happen anybody else especialy some who had just taken up shooting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭epfff

I have yildiz ou 4yrs now.has fired abt 500 traps 350 game and 50 fox shells each year no probs yet still tight.very light gunn so lots of recoil when at clays

Advertisement