Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Hand Book Shop

• 05-09-2011 7:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know any good second hand book shops in the city... mainly for University Text books, trying to find an out of print copy of a book .... cheap :o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

There's a really good one on the pedestrianised street between Thomas Street and William Street (I think it's called Little Catherine Street). The bookshop is up a flight of stairs. I don't know if they'll have college books, but it's worth a try.

If you're in UL, the Student's Union offers a second-hand book service. It might be worth a look too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

The particular book that I am looking for is not available in the UL bookshop yet, might have to wait til a few grads sell their old copies.

Will try that one tomorrow :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

bookdepository.co.uk :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

There's the one on high street near the round house but it's opening hours are unreliable and the guy who runs it is a dick.

There's the one in little catherine street which is the best in town, the guy who runs it is sound and it has a great selection.

There's one in the little lane between thomas street and roches street, run by an elderly woman, quite a lot of books there some gems to be had, but again opening hours can be unreliable.

... and of course there's easons on cruises street and O'Mahony's on o'connel street for new books.

Advertisement