Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Having trouble buying a phone on o2.ie

Options
  • 05-09-2011 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭

I apologise at how stupid this question sounds but I'm really stuck.

OK, I'm an O2 prepay customer, lost my phone (a samsung galaxy spica if it matters), got a new SIM with same number, now I want to go and get a new phone. (No insurance so buying a new phone). I've decided on the Samsung Galaxy Mini. (which is more of a downgrade than an upgrade, but I'm punishing myself for the idiotic actions that led to me losing my phone in the first place....)

Now, the problem is, when I go to the O2 online shop click on the Mini my options are the following.

Billpay - Buy Now - Upgrade
    This is out, I'm not going to billpay.

Prepay - Upgrade
    When I click on this, a message appears at the top "ERROR: You are not eligible for an upgrade to this type of phone" I'd love to know what this actually means, as always in the past when I clicked upgrade I've never had a problem.

Prepay - Buy now
    When I click this, it asks me to choose a price plan, offering me O2 Experience Plus, free calls and texts to O2 with 20e top ups, but I want to stay on my own p-plan, O2 Experience, where I've got free texts to all networks for 20e top up a month..

So in a nutshell, how the hell do I just buy the phone and slap my SIM into it and work away?

Sorry for the rambling nature of this and I really would appreciate any help. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Better clear this up in case someone stumbles across it in the future.

Managed to fix the problem. What I assume the problem was is the following.
    I barred my SIM when I lost the phone, then tried buying the phone. When I got the new SIM and put it into a phone, dialed 1747 and went through the steps to see if I was eligible for an upgrade it asked if I wanted to take up the offer, which I said yes to (pressed one to be precise :P ) and then tried buying the phone and was successful. :)

In the unlikely event that someone else has this problem in the future you could try the above. :)

Advertisement