Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I find my landline number?

Options
  • 05-09-2011 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

I live in a house owned by my family. The former tenants, who left a couple of years ago, had a landline connected and I would like to use this to get broadband. However nobody in my family has any idea of the number and we have lost contact with the former tenants. How do I get the number?
    It is a rural area so no house numbers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

If the line is still active, why don't you call your mobile from the landline and the number will display on your phone. Simples!!

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭coillsaille

No, the house has been empty since 2008 so doubt the line is still active even if I got hold of a handset to plug in.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

199xxx... — Network operator specific engineering codes (undefined length) — e.g. to have your phone number read-back on eircom or Smart Telcom dial 199000

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telephone_numbers_in_Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

No, the house has been empty since 2008 so doubt the line is still active even if I got hold of a handset to plug in.

Hi coillsaille,

If you PM me with the address and I will check that out for you.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement