Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC Higher Maths Exam 2012

• 05-09-2011 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm looking to find information about both paper 1 and paper 2 on the higher paper in 2012. I've looked at the syllabus but couldn't find anything telling me exactly the information I need. If anyone could tell me the following information it would be great :)
    1. How many marks going for each paper
    2. How many questions on each paper and how many have to be answered
    3. What topics will come up on each question.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭mcgarry098

i couldnt tell ya tbh but im pretty sure edco exam papers go through it all, there only 3 or 4 euro this year and have all the answers done up on a website aswell. Ive there business one and the answers are deadly not sure what the maths ones are like though!

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭leavingcert.

well as of yesterday the exam papers arent out yet from any company, maybe they were realeased today i dont know ill check but thanks tho :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭mcgarry098

might be because of the new syllabus that they're waiting for the government to publish them first or something. Thats the case for pass irish anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Anonymo

mcgarry098 wrote: »
    i couldnt tell ya tbh but im pretty sure edco exam papers go through it all, there only 3 or 4 euro this year and have all the answers done up on a website aswell. Ive there business one and the answers are deadly not sure what the maths ones are like though!

I think educate.ie are bringing out their maths papers in the next week or so. they're 2.50 (looks like all the companies are getting much cheaper). they'll have 4 sample papers on top of the departmental ones.
    Hi,
    I'm looking to find information about both paper 1 and paper 2 on the higher paper in 2012. I've looked at the syllabus but couldn't find anything telling me exactly the information I need. If anyone could tell me the following information it would be great smile.gif
    1. How many marks going for each paper
    2. How many questions on each paper and how many have to be answered
    3. What topics will come up on each question.

Thanks biggrin.gif

As for your questions - apparently these things are still to be finalised! Paper 1 for most schools will be the same as usual and paper 2 (the project maths one) will most likely be along the lines of this years paper (but don't hold me on that!), i.e. 300 marks with 6 questions worth 25 marks each and 2 questions worth 75 each. The format of the 6 short questions was 2 probability & stats questions and 4 geom & trig ones. The 2 long questions had 1 prob+stats and 1 geom+trig.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭siobhanod93

Apparently Irish and Maths papers will not be out until end of September because of the new course, they're still coming up with the new layout of the paper, however, paper 1 for LC 2012 will remain the same as other years :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement