Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CLASH X COUNTER 3 // SSF4AE - 3SOE - BBCS2 // (Saturday 29th October 2011)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

I don't know who or what that is but I'll assume it's a bad thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Vyze wrote: »
    and there'll be a Mei-Fang boobie mousepad which the winner won't receive until CXC4!

fix'd :pac:

EDIT: Guess I'd better explain the Eko 2C thing:
    2C
    A sliding drill that hits low. Your hitbox becomes about as low as it looks. Slow start up but it moves forward quite a bit and is multiple hit (up to 7 hits). This has clash frames in its start up.

http://arcana.mizuumi.net/wiki/Eko

There was an Eko mirror at this Tuesday's Dragonslayers where both players mashed 2C and clashed with each other for about 30 seconds.

Yreval wrote: »
    fix'd :pac:
    Oh man we got better stuff than mere mousemats coming!

fISpKl.jpg
    What's this? I have a parcel? I wonder what's inside!

Z9cWkl.jpg
    Gasp! Another parcel! Isn't this exciting?

mDt4dl.jpg
    A box! With goodies!

V1ZFOl.jpg
    Some BlazBlue and Arcana Heart art cards.

zOhPkl.jpg
    T-shirts! And keyrings!

JCXayl.jpg
    Oh my...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I was thinking of getting a fancy Razer mousemat recently but sure I can just cheap everyone out at AH and get boobies instead. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Well whaddya know, Zen United on time with their swag for once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

I want that jubei keyring.
    no...
    i need it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

God dammit I want one of those Hope shirts. I was going to buy one when they first came out.
    I'm sure I can master Carl in a couple of weeks. Easy money.

Haven't decided on the exactly distribution of those prizes (i.e. whether to hand them on out non-Zen Utd games), but you can be sure that the winner of BlazBlue will receive one of the t-shirts!
    Yreval wrote: »
    Well whaddya know, Zen United on time with their swag for once.
    Their CXC1 swag was well on time too! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

If a few from Dublin are heading up to this I'd like to go for AE.

Any chance of a Marvel side tourney? Or does nobody play?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'm heading up anyways Doyler.

I mentioned Marvel myself but I think they want to rotate the games!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I might actually head up for this myself.

I think I met all the Northern Lads I hadn't met before today at Inferno, and they're a sound lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

I'll be heading up, also does top3 in BB get a keychain? cause i want that :p

If anybody wants to run their own side-tournament for Marvel, we've got a few casual setups that could be used for that sort of thing! We'll be kept busy with our three and a half main games, sadly.

Chuey, I'll probably be deciding next week what the non-cash-prize allocation is, but at the very least the winner will get a keychain! Possibly 2nd place but again I'll still need to work it out.

Actually, with regards to prize allocation, I'd want some input from you guys. Obviously the standard 60/30/10 prize pot is still in place so anything pictured above goes on top of that. As they are BB/AH prizes and were sent by Zen Utd, would you all prefer if they were kept to Zen Utd published games, or spread amongst all of them so SF4 and 3S players get some bonuses too?

If anybody wants to run their own side-tournament for Marvel, we've got a few casual setups that could be used for that sort of thing! We'll be kept busy with our three and a half main games, sadly.

Chuey, I'll probably be deciding next week what the non-cash-prize allocation is, but at the very least the winner will get a keychain! Possibly 2nd place but again I'll still need to work it out.

edit: Just for clarity, these prizes are on top of the 60/30/10 prize pot for a main tournament like BlazBlue.

As they are BB/AH prizes and were sent by Zen Utd, would you all prefer if they were kept to Zen Utd published games, or spread amongst all of them so SF4 and 3S players get some bonuses too?

I'd ask Zen to avoid risking damaging relations and future freebies.

If I gave a bunch of lads freebies for my game, I'd be kind of annoyed if they used them as prizes for tournaments of my direct competitors.

They might be cool with it though, they posted pictures of non-BB games on their Facebook because it was Bristol's first BB tourney that same event.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

I'd ask Zen to avoid risking damaging relations and future freebies.

If I gave a bunch of lads freebies for my game, I'd be kind of annoyed if they used them as prizes for tournaments of my direct competitors.

They might be cool with it though, they posted pictures of non-BB games on their Facebook because it was Bristol's first BB tourney that same event.

You're just jealous. =P

Naw jk, when Super came out, the community got free promo copies of the game from Capcom, so each game has gotten something from the respective companies, I think getting prizes from the publishers is a good thing, it spurs people on to buy a game, practice and win if they want a prize =P It's also good motivation for people to improve too.

Xinkai wrote: »
    You're just jealous. =P

Naw jk, when Super came out, the community got free promo copies of the game from Capcom, so each game has gotten something from the respective companies, I think getting prizes from the publishers is a good thing, it spurs people on to buy a game, practice and win if they want a prize =P It's also good motivation for people to improve too.

Not sure how anything you said there was in any way relevant to the point I was making Xinkai.

After asking around a bit it's probably best to hold back BB/AH prizes for the BB/AH tournaments to reward them for having generous publishers! I've edited the original question out of my post. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

chueytoo wrote: »
    I'll be heading up, also does top3 in BB get a keychain? cause i want that :p
    Come at me bro

• Advertisement

SirAuronDX wrote: »
    Come at me bro

No worrys, I won't even need to play you. when someone else will knock you out :p

on the other note is BB gonne be seeded ? or just random

We're gonna try to seed the players as best we can for every game. I haven't kept up much with the scene since CS2 came out, but I know the obvious stuff like having yourself, Joe, Jarvy all separated, etc.

Might ask for a little help with specifically what order people go in, though.

Now, for games like Arcana Heart where there's less solid knowledge on who the best players are, I'll go on the basis of who tends to have a fundamental understanding of fighting games and who the most regular players are and seed them highest.

Ideally, at least a couple of days before the event (a week if possible) I wanna have a list of the top players in each game ready so that seeding can be done really quickly on the day. So once signups close, the known players can be seeded accordingly and then the unknowns are seeded randomly (although I'd love to see some upsets by skilled unknown players!).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Well the result of the last DoC BB tournament was;

VoA
    Chueytoo
    Xinkai
    Linoud
    PowerOfScience

And the DoC Before that (IIRC);

VoA
    Chueytoo
    Xinkai
    Tsukiko
    PowerOfScience

You guys need to start coming back down here =P

I've got class on Saturday mornings so it's not really possible for me to head down. Plus I hardly play fighting games myself any more!

Cool thats fine, I don't mind if its seeded or not. But I assume its the same rule as last cxc and that characters are locked??? or was it not???

You may change character between matches, however if you beat your opponent in a game you must stick with that character until either you lose a game or you move on to your next match. Ultras and Super Arts may be changed at any time, but the winner of the previous game must pick first.

In CXC1 I think you couldn't change between matches until you lost a game, and I think CXC2 had it where you could change whenever you felt like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Xinkai wrote: »
    Well the result of the last DoC BB tournament was;

VoA
    Chueytoo
    Xinkai
    Linoud
    PowerOfScience

And the DoC Before that (IIRC);

VoA
    Chueytoo
    Xinkai
    Tsukiko
    PowerOfScience

You guys need to start coming back down here =P

Was tied 5th with PowerOfScience in the last DoC.
    Just saying. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭powerofscience

Naphiel wrote: »
    Was tied 5th with PowerOfScience in the last DoC.
    Just saying. :pac:

Only because we didn't play each other, if we had I feel pretty sure I would've won.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Only because we didn't play each other, if we had I feel pretty sure I would've won.

We'll see about that at this.
    If it was this week, you would have easily. I've been playing terribly since I haven't got to sit down and just play the game at home in weeks.

• Advertisement

You may change character between matches, however if you beat your opponent in a game you must stick with that character until either you lose a game or you move on to your next match. Ultras and Super Arts may be changed at any time, but the winner of the previous game must pick first.

In CXC1 I think you couldn't change between matches until you lost a game, and I think CXC2 had it where you could change whenever you felt like.

Sweet, now we can counter pick all day :p hahahahaha snakes everywhere ;)

Advertisement