Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shotgun stock

Options
  • 05-09-2011 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

ok i have an old side by side shotgun which has a straight stock on it, now i was holding the same model a while back with a pistol grip and found it a lot nicer to handle and was thinking of changing the stock on my own, my question is does anyone know where i could buy a nice piece of walnut or the likes and about how much would you be talking?

thanks in advance g84

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mixerbarcoe

dunno much about stocks but seen this awhile back. check out post 28 there

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=70241254#post70241254

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭gunning84

thanks mixer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

I hate to be the fun sponge but its also worth mentioning that putting a pistol grip on any type of shotgun automatically puts it in a restricted category. If you dont ammend your licence to reflect the change you are in posession of an illegally held firearm.

GH

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mixerbarcoe

i think what he means by pistol grip is like the stock in the picture with no 1 beside it instead of the stock with number 2 beside it

P1010010.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭gunning84

your right mixer thats what i mean,it feels a lot more comfortable in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭chickenfarmer

the shotgun pistol grip is alot more comfortable as it is the natural position for your hand. The straight grip was to allow the hand slide easier for selecting the back trigger of a double trigger shotgun.

Advertisement