Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy Desperados Beer

• 05-09-2011 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭

Well lads, does anyone know where you can pics up bottols of this anywhere in the city? iv come across them in Dublin but not in Limerick at all, cheers!

41575_25645058124_873_n.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Centra in Raheen have it for definite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭dave 27

anywhere in the centre of town? whats the best offy in town? cheers for the reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Fine Wines on Roches Street!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 tof2006

I think the Mickey Martin ( Augustinian Lane, Thomas St. ) has some in stocks , ( at least it had some a couple of days ago ).

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

Try Foxys on Bedford Row, they often have/had promotions with it there and back in the Still House. Decent taste I must say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Simon Adebisi

Pretty sure i saw it in the offy across from Frenchs on Catherine Street.

Foul stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Macs on the ennis does em. Drank it once in poland, uuggh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

I'm pretty sure Tesco and Dunees Stores sell them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,889 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Also Aldi have a version of it bit of a kick off it 5.9% but its 4 bottles for a fiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

amiable wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure Tesco and Dunees Stores sell them

They do.

I has a slab of it a few months ago and gave away 22 bottles.

Each to their own but i thought the stuff was rank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Voy

Tried this after drinking a few pints of Heineken one night and thought it was a huge improvement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Also Aldi have a version of it bit of a kick off it 5.9% but its 4 bottles for a fiver.

What's the Aldi version called?

I like one or two Desperados on a night out before drinking 'real' beer. It's too sweet to be drinking all night.

Years ago, a friend of mine was a very fussy drinker, wouldn't touch beer and could only drink Cider. On a holiday in Valencia and with no Cider to be got he was getting wasted most nights because he was drinking vodka with a mixer. Someone recommended Desperados and that got him past his fear of the beer.

I think it's one step above alcohopops and not a real beer.

What's the Aldi version called?

I like one or two Desperados on a night out before drinking 'real' beer. It's too sweet to be drinking all night.

Years ago, a friend of mine was a very fussy drinker, wouldn't touch beer and could only drink Cider. On a holiday in Valencia and with no Cider to be got he was getting wasted most nights because he was drinking vodka with a mixer. Someone recommended Desperados and that got him past his fear of the beer.

I think it's one step above alcohopops and not a real beer.

Actually i think Lidl stock their own version at the moment too.

I think it's called something like Tequinto

4 bottles for a fiver IIRC:)

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

Tescos and Fine Wines stock it but why you'd want to drink it is beyond me! Each to their own though I suppose!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

Terrible , terrible beer..... But most of the fine wines stores should have it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭dave 27

haha thanks for the response lads, seems like most places stock them, i must open my eyes a bit more!

dave 27 wrote: »
    haha thanks for the response lads, seems like most places stock them, i must open my eyes a bit more!
    Indeed :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

if you like Desperados then you obviously don't like beer..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,889 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

grenache wrote: »
    if you like Desperados then you obviously don't like beer..

Thats kind of the point.

Advertisement