Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas problem in my campervan

• 05-09-2011 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

I have just bought a two year old campervan and I have a problem with the water heater and van heater. Both were working a few days ago but when I tried to use them last weekend, niether would work! The water heater keeps cutting out before it fires. I have checked that it is getting gas and it is. The van heater is also getting gas but just won't light. Both ignitors seem to be working as I can hear them ticking when switched on. The water heater is a Truma BS 10 and the van heater is a Truma S 3002. Is there anyone in the Limerick/Clare area who may be able to look at this for me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭the rambler

id say aidanmm who posts regular enough would be able to help,
    he works an pat horan motors near nenagh phone 067-21123

btw ive no connection with said company just a happy customer/camper:D

hope this helps you,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

sounds like a Gas regulator problem , a camper that new should have the troublesome wall mounted regulator . does the hob light? there's no reason both gas items should fail at the same time , they are totally separate units , hence I suspect the gas supply .

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭colmll

That's the strange thing! the hob is working fine:confused:

Light all the hob rings one by one and see do they weaken as each is lit , if not , leave them lighting and try light the heater and boiler , or oven . Again seeing if they weaken .

Failing that , you need to check your 12v supply and earths to the 2 units . Have you any warranty on it?

Thanks to everyone for the advice. I just discovered that the cut off valve for the heater was switched off so that solves the heater problem. However, the water heater is more bafling! When I first switched it on, it was completely dead and I found that the 1.6amp fuse was blown. I replaced this and it worked fine until we went away for the weekend. When I switch it on now, it is going through the igniting sequence but is then timing out. I disconected the gas supply and it is fine so it is definitely not a gas problem. Maybe I need to get someone who knows what they're at to have a look at it!:mad:

• Advertisement

did you try light it at any stage with the outside cover on?

I think that you might be on to something. Last week when it was working, I had the outside cover off. I didn't take it off over the weekend as I had totally forgot about it! Please excuse my ignorance as I am new to campervans! Could this be the problem? I will try it this evening and let you know how I get on.

Thanks Aidanmm, I took off the cover and it started first go. Appreciate your time.

colmll wrote: »
    I think that you might be on to something. Last week when it was working, I had the outside cover off. I didn't take it off over the weekend as I had totally forgot about it! Please excuse my ignorance as I am new to campervans! Could this be the problem? I will try it this evening and let you know how I get on.

yeah it smothers it , not letting air in for the flame to burn.

Advertisement